Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How NOT to Drive Your 944

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 06:25 PM
my944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hey, maybe those problems will leave your car off the road...which means you won't have the chance to drink and drive...which won't lead to more of your sniveling and BS-ing this entire board with your deceptions...which leads to a more productive board!
Old 09-07-2001, 06:31 PM
Schneider
Advanced

I'm sure we all learned something from this and the "Craig" incident. I hope what has been learned was spoken by the great Mark Twain, "If you're going to be a liar, you better have a damn good memory!"

Yes, I'm sure the list will continue to help everyone with their technical issues regardless of their background. It is our passion! That is the reason we are all here. It's the reason I check the board every day!
Old 09-07-2001, 06:31 PM
my944
Pro

Angry

By posting to this open forum board, you are allowing, and ASKING, for responses. Therefore, people are doing what is asked of them, which is respond to postings in an open and honest manner. If the truth or opinions hurt, then I would suggest not posting and just becoming a mute reader. I, for one, am completely intolerant of deception, and that is what has really set me on fire as far as Black951 is concerned. The ways in which he has gained sympathy through his rather artful use of words has worked well to split the board. By slyly bringing in the mysterious messages that conveyed that he was a police officer, he continues to manipulate our fellow Rennlist members. What happens when you play with a snake in the grass? YOU GET BIT!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 06:33 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I really only want to comment about the pressure around having to have a drink when you go out to a club/bar/friend's house. Unless you are some kind of freaky loner, then most likely you are going to club with friends, right? And they are the ones putting pressure on you to drink right?

I am no saint for sure and have had my share of not knowing how I got home, but at some point I thought to myself, this makes me feel like crap in the morning or at the time of intoxication for that matter, it doesn't taste good really, so why am I doing it. So I quit; smoking, doing drugs and drinking. And it really sucked. Am I someone with a tendency to become addicted, I doubt it. Yet it was still very hard to quit because of the pressure from friends to just have a drink or whatever. But after a while my friends stopped bugging me about it and I stopped needing the substances to become comfortable in social situations.

Now it is very easy to not drink. I haven't had a drink or done any unprescribed drugs in several years and because my circle of friends knows this and respects it, there is not trouble maintaining my abstinence.

Way off topic: For you who are trying to quit smoking, quitting drinking really helped me quit smoking. I think it has to do with the psychological association with having to smoke while drinking. And the reason you become some grumpy is because nicotine in tobacco influences the production of seritonin in your brain which is the chemical that stabilizes your moods. This is why doctors prescribe Zyban (Welbutrin) to help folks quit.

But back to the original topic, demonstrate some discipline next time. If you aren't an addict then have a spine.
Old 09-07-2001, 07:35 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys. Let's just get past all this and forget about it. It's been a week now and being reminded about my stupid mistake everyday is getting old. I believe I have actually learned something, so let's just leave it at that and see what happens.
Yes drinking and driving is wrong, but it doesn't give us permission to jump all over someone and judge their character.
Society has two methods for dealing with those individuals whom do not meet with the laws and morals which the rest of the population try to adhere to.
The first is it's legal system, which for some reason no longer gets the respect that it used to. When the individual in question is anxious to point out that for whatever reason, they are not accountable to the laws of the society, this IS their second strike.
The second way of dealing with these offenders(ie,those who are offensive)and a method that predates automobiles, or for that matter alcohol and even most laws, is shun or ostrasize them, or to voice your disapproval. Traditioinally this is the more effective method.

Micheal,
One night of coke drinking is not going to convince anyone of anything, being proud of it shows that you think its an accomplishment. I wasn't ready to make the jump from very poor judgement to addiction until that post. A very close friend of mine used to quit drinking, (etc.) every year for the month of January because he had heard that 28 days was the time it took to get all traces of alcohol out of ones system. I don't know if its true but it wouldn't be a bad start.
Many people hold this issue close to their heart, If you are going to post along these lines you run the risk of pissing them off. If it takes a week or two or a year to live this down, even combined with the repair bill for the wheel and tire, you have to admit it's still pretty close to the best outcome possible.
If your origonal post was the "cry for help" that some have assumed that it is, I for one respect you for that, but your following posts don't support any theory but denial. I wish you well with this, but I think I speak for the masses when I say, quit whining if you don't like societies answers. It's not our attitudes that are the problem, it's your actions.
Sincerly
Dave
Old 09-07-2001, 10:02 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Black951:
<STRONG>Hey guys. Let's just get past all this and forget about it. It's been a week now and being reminded about my stupid mistake everyday is getting old. I believe I have actually learned something, so let's just leave it at that and see what happens.</STRONG>
Fair enough...Everyone makes mistakes...Only an idiot makes the same one again and again...
Old 09-08-2001, 06:14 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

yawn... yes this is getting old. shall we let this fall to the bottom and get back to tech discussion?

"We are Porsche owners and drivers. Let's stick together." black's got it goin on.
(again).

Quick Reply: How NOT to Drive Your 944