Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boost questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2001 | 07:03 PM
Matias
Track Day

Post boost questions

Hi guys, nice forum You have here. I have a question, I own a completely stock 931, And my turbo past to better life, Do you know of an aftermarket turbo that fitīs the oem one. Or where can I get an oem new one? Here in argentina is near impossible.
Another questionb is, whatīs that 1 bar spring yopu talk so much about?
Thanks, Matias
Old 07-08-2001 | 08:05 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unfortunately, due to the design of the stock turbo, putting in a replacement aftermarket one is not really possible... different flanges and all... though I hear it's being worked on...

The 1 bar spring is available from Andial (www.andial.com), and replaces the stock spring in the wastegate to cause it to open at 1 bar boost. Of course, seems that you could achieve the same effect with less work and money by installing a bleeder valve in the wastegate signal line. I can't say much yet, as I haven't gotten my 931 on the road yet... turbo and wastegate are currently out to fix oil leaks...

I would imagine you should be able to find someone in Argentina that could rebuild your turbo - it's better to have a proper shop do it than do it yourself, as it must be balanced properly. However, I've never been to Argentina, so I could be wrong!

I suggest posting on 924.org, see if there's anyone else down there who might help for a local turbo shop; otherwise, you could try contacting turbo shops in the States, such as Turbonetics (www.turbocharged.com) or Turbo City (www.turbocity.com).

Good luck!

Quick Reply: boost questions