Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

86 how does the ac work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2001 | 02:35 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Question 86 how does the ac work?

Ok i know that might sound stupid but, some of the markings on the buttons are worn, and the only way the fan blows is on high.
Now the system is low on freon i belive as the the car was sitting for a while and the ac compressor kicks on i think but no cold air.
Well actually the fan did blow on a low speed when i hit the defrost button i think.

what does the button below the defrost do?

so anyway, how do i get the fan to blow on other than the high speed?
Thanks
Mike
Old 07-20-2001 | 09:23 AM
TomH
Pro

Sounds like your fan switch contacts are worn out - look for a replacement switch. The button below/above? the defroster is the re-circulating air control.

To check your freon, start your car, turn on the AC, and pop your hood. Use a flashlight, if necessary, and inspect the glass window on your AC (located just behind/below left headlight). If you see bubbles, or no sign of liquid at all, you need more freon. Have the system tested for leaks before investing in more freon.

In my car manual, I thought it said that the defrost button will turn the fan on high (regardless of the fan setting), and direct the air to the windshield. I'll have to go back and re-read it.

Quick Reply: 86 how does the ac work?