Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hands free cell phone kit slips in cigarette lighter - a common problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 02:02 PM
Jeremy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hands free cell phone kit slips in cigarette lighter - a common problem?

I purchased a Navigator hands free kit that serves as a holder for my cell phone. Whenever I take a corner it twists the phone from its upright position (in other words moving from 12:00 to 3:00) to its side.

Are there spacers or something for an early 944?

I have tried beads of silicone but that didn't help - suggestions?

Thanks -

Jeremy
1983 Guards Red
[img]null[/img]
Old 08-30-2001, 03:19 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts
I have the morotola kit that has a wire that attaches to the plug, so I don't have that problem even though it's a little loose, or the problem of the $150 ticket, which in Nassau County applies to holding a cell phone to the ear on a bicycle as well!

If I remember correctly, my old passport radar detector came with a sleve that fit over the plug to fit european cars. That may solve the problem.

Good luck
Old 08-30-2001, 03:23 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
How I fixed that problem:

There was already a cell phone holder there (a cell from the early 90's) so I removed it, drilled a small hole in the back of the Nokia cell phone holder (that plugs into the lighter outlet), and screwed it into the holder itself (carefully so as to not crack the plastic). Then I have an extension going down below it all, splitting to two outlets with a splitter, one going to the cell phone stand and the other back behind the consol going up to my radar detector.

It has been there for 4 months and hasn't come off or broken. Although the piece of junk is now not working (both of my parent's don't work either) I am going to go back and exchange them for new ones. Anyone else have that problem? That cell phone holder/lighter outlet just stops working.

Take care,
Matt
Old 08-30-2001, 03:40 PM
Tom Gripe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any thoughts for a cell phone holder for the 2001 996TT. The Nokia has a plug in the bottom this is obstucted by most cigarette lighter adapters. I need a good looking mount, that doesn't require "visible" drill holes, allows use of the ear piece, and won't fall over in turns.

Quick Reply: Hands free cell phone kit slips in cigarette lighter - a common problem?