Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright... 95% sure I'll take the TEC-II Plunge

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 11:01 PM
drew1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff,

I bought the thing a while back to put on wife's 924 turbo when I rebuid it. It's interesting you mention using it on turbos.

I got an old no start 944 for to fix up for driving while 924t is down. The 944 came with 2 computers. Neither one cranked it up after checking all the sensors, fixing cracked hoses under intake, etc. Bought another computer & no luck so I put on the TEC II.

It was kind of rough figuring how to wire into existing harness. Had to think about & fabricate mount for pickup & slotted timing wheel. Had to find a TPS sensor not switch, & make an adapter to mount it.

Problems starting: Commo error on my laptop, was due to having TPS wired wrong. Still had a commo error, but was able to drag big computer out & got commo & programmed it so it fired up with ether. After plugging fuel pump relay in & new gas, it fires & quits after 5 sec. I think I programmed for to big an injector. I'm trying to find out the flowrate for stock 944 injector & come up with some kind of serial port buffer for the laptop.

Only thing I've seen wrong with Electromotive's manual is size for sensors. I had tapped out the block for knock sensor according to manual & had to get a bushing since I tapped it too big.

The way a TEC II can improve an na is getting rid of that flap thing that measures air, let you put in a big cam, throttle body, & freer exhaust & adjust timing & fuel for the mods.

drew1

Quick Reply: Alright... 95% sure I'll take the TEC-II Plunge