Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaf Blower idea PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 01:01 PM
PSUice944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Oh no, what have I done. Is all this rambeling all my fault?

Maybe we should all get started on the whole Ram-Air principle now to get back on a "real" performance track. Hey you, don't you laugh, one of these days there will be a custom gasketed box, w/ K&N Cone using a 924GTS hood scoop on my ride!

Seriously, in yellow carbon fiber, well, not yellow, but I WILL do it! ... When my beater of a 944 really is a beater (replacement in the garage) and not my only daily dose of recreational drug supressant.

Come on guys, small doses of nitrous make more sense... I mean for the car too!

OR what about ether?...... (ok, i'll stop)
Old 07-10-2001, 02:47 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
I still don't think it's that bad of an idea. Yeah, bolting a leaf blower on your hood is silly and that site cracked me up, but he didn't test the real thing so he doesn't know for sure. Just making jokes.

I don't know, anyone have any serious advice?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-11-2001, 12:23 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*bump*

to anyone thinking about throwing down some green on the electric supercharger thingy, you might want to read this first:waste of money
Old 07-11-2001, 04:12 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
That guy just seemed really skeptical and not willing to say anything nice at all. I read the entire, both pages, and there were a few points I found that he was wrong.

Like the calculations of psi to 'levitate' the e-ram? That's wrong, it's lifting the entire mechanism, not just the blades, and it's not just 'levitating' the thing takes off as seen here: video

I don't know, he just didn't seem to have his facts straight. I'm sure he's smart, he took thermodynamics in college, but he's saying things like "it will melt" and they have plenty of customer's who have written in and said they like it, not that it melted under their hood.

I'm not saying I'm going to buy it, but don't just look at what he wrote and make up your mind. Do the calculations and research yourself.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Leaf Blower idea PLEASE HELP