Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engin quit on highway solution

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 08:15 PM
Al Cody
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post engin quit on highway solution

Anyone who has been following my thread on my engine suddenly and for no apparent reason stopping, here is the cause and solution. It finially stopped long enough for me to troubleshoot. No power to coil. Traced back to small black wire that goes into electric connector block and plugs into back of fuse holder. The black wire connector was loose. It would lose connection and no power to coil. Apparently an old problem as there had been a wire spliced between a thick black wire and this wire that provided power. Previously, I had trouble with the spliced wire because it was spliced with a plastic crimp connector. It corroded a bit and was getting hot enough to melt the connector. I disconnected it. Then the lose of power to the coil started. Now I have reconnected it, but soldered the connections. Hopefully this solution won't lead to more grief. At least I have the engine failure culprit. Thanks to everyone who fielded a possible solution.

Quick Reply: engin quit on highway solution