Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APE chips - problems & other questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 06:25 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post APE chips - problems & other questions

When I bought the car the PO told me that occasionaly when driving the idle would hold at 1500rpm instead of dropping to 1000rpm. This finally occured when I was driving the car for the first time today. As a side result of this problem it took a long time for revs to fall from below 3000rpm (normal driving). I noticed on Farzaan's dyno page that there are several version of the APE chips. Do you guys think I have a chance of getting my APE chips replaced with a later version. I would expect the replacement to be done by APE, if at all. Should I give it a shot or just deal with it whenever it (rarely) happens.

Also, can anybody recommend a exhaust shop in or near Westchester county in NY? I'd like to remove the cat and have a piece of 2 1/2" steel or stainless Steel made to replace the cat. I would also like to be able to swap the cat in and out so a setup with flanges on either end of the cat and the replacement pipe would be ideal.

And finally, Can anyone recommend a place to get an alignment done in or near Westchester County in NY? The place where the PPI was done for my car wanted $150!! What is a reasonable cost for an alignment on our cars? It's typically $50 or so for a normal car in my experience. I would like to avoid Mavis and other such chains at all costs, while they're ok for my non-P-Car, I wouldn't let them touch my 951 with a sponge.

thanks,
Adrial
Old 08-19-2001, 08:58 PM
Greg Hammond
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your idle staying high at 1500 RPM has nothing to do with the APE chips installed in your car. You probably have a faulty idle air controller, or a sticking throttle cable and/or a throttle position sensor (TPS) that may be going bad.

Greg

Quick Reply: APE chips - problems & other questions