Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian Hockey kicks ass! (ot)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Finn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was good that Canada won.It was back in '52 when they took gold last time.What comes to another countries (Sweden,Finland etc) they have NHL players in their teams.Belarus has only one (Ruslan Salei).
But you have to face the facts:For example in Finland we have only 5.4 million inhabitants.We have only 60.000 registered hockey players (junior & adults),I know because my son is one of them.Only in Greater Toronto Hockey league they have over 60.000 registered junior players.We visited last december junior hockey tournament in Toronto and i was given these figures by GTHL reps.So in whole Canada there are many times more junior hockey players than we have.Facing these figures Canada must have more good hockey players than smaller countries, that's a fact.
Don't get me wrong i just love canadien hockey.The hockey culture is just incredible comparing to europe.Everyone seems to know something about it.What comes to canadian people they seems to be little bit more close to us europeans than U.S people (that's just my opinion), i have made some were good friends over there during past two years.We have had one canadian junior hockey team here in Finland a year ago (Willowdale Blackhawks from Toronto)and we visited them las December.When Canada beat us 2-1 in quarter finals and dropped us, then it was Canada i supported.
Olli
ex hockey player
Old 02-27-2002, 11:33 AM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am glad that Canada took the gold in hockey(and no, I am not a traitor) only because Lemieux(the TRUE Great One-flame on )was the captain. There have been alot of idiots here in Pittsburgh criticizing Lemieux lately. These jerks tend to have forgotten that Lemieux pretty much saved pro. hockey in PGH MULTIPLE TIMES. First, he led the team to back-to-back Stanley Cups, then when the team was in financial trouble--he bought it--keeping the franchise in PGH, then he came out of retirement, rejuvinated the team and led them to the play-offs. So, congrats to Canada(except Whiney--I mean Wayne--Gretzy) and especially to Lemieux for winning the gold.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:22 PM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

I always thought Lemieux was better than Gretzky
Old 02-27-2002, 10:50 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Eric:
<strong>I am glad that Canada took the gold in hockey(and no, I am not a traitor) only because Lemieux(the TRUE Great One-flame on )was the captain. There have been alot of idiots here in Pittsburgh criticizing Lemieux lately. These jerks tend to have forgotten that Lemieux pretty much saved pro. hockey in PGH MULTIPLE TIMES. First, he led the team to back-to-back Stanley Cups, then when the team was in financial trouble--he bought it--keeping the franchise in PGH, then he came out of retirement, rejuvinated the team and led them to the play-offs. So, congrats to Canada(except Whiney--I mean Wayne--Gretzy) and especially to Lemieux for winning the gold.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Here, Here!! I second that.

Tim, Fellow Penguins Fan!!

Quick Reply: Canadian Hockey kicks ass! (ot)