Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cup Holder and Other Non-Performance Mod's

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Renntag
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lemon Yellow 87 n/a:
<STRONG>Has anyone smacked a deer and seen it walk off? .</STRONG>
2 of the three deer i was involved with kept going...I dont know how badly they were hurt, but they kept going.

The story about the bum sounds like its from a movie or something. LOL.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:20 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Booster,

Keep in mind that when a product is made for a Honda, there is a potential market in the millions. This is not the case for Porsches. That alone means that products for Hondas can be sold for less than products for Porsches. The price of being in an exclusive club!

Plus, I agree with what I assume is your point that Porsche owners are perceived to have more expendable cash than Honda owners (which for the most part I must say is true).
Old 01-07-2002, 10:42 AM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't know about that. For the price of one Honda Accord (new) I could buy 3 951's. YMMV.

Thaddeus
Old 01-07-2002, 12:21 PM
Eric
Addict
Rennlist Member

For all the talk about "deer whistles", I will add my two cents. Living in Western PA, I come across alot of deer--the BEST method for moving/scaring deer away is to flash your high beams on and off(this of course, is based on the assumption that you can see the deer ahead on or off to the side of the road). This works because deer actually do get "mesmerized" when they are caught in someone's headlights, they will stand and stare at the light, untill they "snap out of it" Flicking the beams interrupts the light, which allows the deer to "come around" quicker and hopefully flee(into the woods, not your fender). AND if you happen to see one deer cross the road in front of you, be VERY careful as 99% of the time there will be one or several more following it.

Eric--Deer hunting with a car=bad
Old 01-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Hans
Burning Brakes

Dont understand...
Where I live (Europe) we do not hunt for dinner, just pop in the supermarket...

Back to the original topic:
- 3th brake light
- rear fog in right hand side lamp housing (illegal in Europe)
- Dual filement back light thus add brake lights
Total cost about US$ 25,== (including a drive to the local dismantler for the dual filement lamp fittings (ex VW))
Take care
Old 01-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Thaddeus,

Of course, most people who buy a new Honda Accord don't put another cent into it. If a new Accord costs about $24K, then those three 951's are averaging $8K each. Can you see yourself (or any one of us for that matter) purchasing a 951 for $8K if you didn't have plenty more money to spend on it?

Just look at all the interest generated by supercharger kits that cost upwards of $3K. People who get excited over the idea of spending thousands of dollars on superchargers are probably a good target for overpriced accessories. That is not meant to offend anyone, as I myself get excited over the idea of supercharging my 944. If I didn't get excited about spending money on my car, then I'd be driving the Honda instead of the 944.

Cheers,

Mark

Quick Reply: Cup Holder and Other Non-Performance Mod's