Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting Boxster Wheels on S2

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Alpineace
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you seriously put those duchey "porsche" letters on your nose panel???
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuffenhausener
OK, went and retrieved the Boxster wheels and I pulled the dust cap off of the hub and attempted to mount the wheel without the dust cap installed. No dice. I can't really tell what's going on behind there but the wheel doesn't seat, even with no dust cap on the hub. Just wobbles.
So how do I determine which spacers I need (assuming that is what it will take to make this work)?
I have the Boxster wheels here now and can relay any pertinent numbers from them if necessary.
OT: i've just seen your avatar, i know that picture !! haha, i've been there with my 924 turbo, and at 260km/h thats exactly how the picture comes out
I fact i was just there last summer chasing a red 911
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Zuffenhausener
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alpineace
did you seriously put those duchey "porsche" letters on your nose panel???
No, of course I didn't put those "duchey" Porsche letters on my car Alpineace. That would automatically make me a douche wouldn't it? (I assume you were doing your best to spell "douche" and insult me. If you were assuming I am a some kind of European Duke then, no I'm not royalty. I just stuck a decal on the car similar to the some that Porsche puts on at the factory.) Don't worry, literacy isn't for everyone.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Zuffenhausener
Advanced

Originally Posted by morghen
OT: i've just seen your avatar, i know that picture !! haha, i've been there with my 924 turbo, and at 260km/h thats exactly how the picture comes out
I fact i was just there last summer chasing a red 911
Sounds like you were having some fun Morghen. Ok quiz: Where was the avatar photo taken? First correct answer wins a ride with Morghen 911 hunting!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zuffenhausener
No, of course I didn't put those "duchey" Porsche letters on my car Alpineace. That would automatically make me a douche wouldn't it? (I assume you were doing your best to spell "douche" and insult me. If you were assuming I am a some kind of European Duke then, no I'm not royalty. I just stuck a decal on the car similar to the some that Porsche puts on at the factory.) Don't worry, literacy isn't for everyone.
I've never seen a decal like that on the front of any Porsche street car. Do you have pictures of the car you are talking about?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Zuffenhausener
Advanced

Originally Posted by azbanks
I've never seen a decal like that on the front of any Porsche street car. Do you have pictures of the car you are talking about?
No, I don't have any pics. In fact I doubt I've ever seen a Porsche script on the nose of a street going 944 either. I have however seen identical Porsche script decals on the rocker panels of countless 911s, and also on the tails of 911s (this happens to be a 1970s 911 tail decal). I also have seen identical decals on the noses of some iconic 944 race cars as well. And of course most 944s come from the factory with a Porsche script wrapped around the tail in a slightly different outline script too.

I came across this decal from a guy who no longer had his Porsche and since it happened to fit exactly between the headlamps on the nose of my car I thought I'd stick it on and be, well, what it turns out isn't actually all that unique. The decal also covers some of the many rock chips on the front of a 23 year-old car.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 455 Posts

FWIW: I don't care for it.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM
spencang
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Boxster wheels for sale

I have these listed in the for sale section and here they are on my car. I upgraded to 18s: They have 225/255 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs on them and fit just right on my '89 Turbo.
Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 PM
spencang
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

They are for sale for $800. Let me know if your interested

Quick Reply: Fitting Boxster Wheels on S2