Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my car back today (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 06:47 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Got my car back today (long)

All I have to say is DAMN. This place did a really good job on the car; much better than any other accident repair I have seen before. It was a very good recommendation that my mechanic gave to me, and I am glad I took his advice. The total ended up being $7300 and change, but I only had to pay $667 out of pocket, and $175 of that was getting my door repainted and dents taken out of it (not part of the accident).

I had to pay less than my $500 deductable because I didn't get the porsche badge and the turbo put back on the rear, and this cancelled the betterments on the worn parts that were replaced with $10 change.

I was thinking about putting either weaponR, type R, SiR, DOHC VTEC, or maybe just Honda Civic HX put on to replace the missing badges . What do you think?

The only problem with the repairs that I found was that they didn't replace the right rear wheel bearing which got bent in the accident, and it is making a whooshing sound over 30 MPH. I already talked to the shop and they talked to my adjuster and I will get it fixed next thursday. Other than that, there is a little overspray on the new trans cooler they installed, which may reduce its efficiency(?), and there is overspray on the back of the tires (BFD).

The paint work is top notch. It looks like it just came from the factory. There is no sign that it was ever repaired, except the slight overspray underneath. They even fixed the chip in my front right rim that my little sister knocked over when I was changing the fuchs out with the replicas.

Turbo Tim's exhaust is top notch (I got the exhaust replaced in the accident, too because the old one was bent). It is of very high quality and is a very good fit, so as it doesn't hang 4" off the bottom of the car like some civics you see. The exhaust is definitely louder than the stock exhaust and also louder than the flowmaster muffler I had on it before. The sound is very porsche, not ricey at all. It is all throat and grumbles at idle. The look of it is very classy and looks like it may have been a stock piece if porsche still made the car today. A 4" tip is not as big as I thought...I guess a lot of the civics I see have 7" tips or bigger. Anyways, I am very satisfied with this exhaust (especially since my insurance company paid for it) and would recommend it to anyone...$450 for a 3" stainless steel cat back exhaust is cheap compared to every other one I have seen, and of couse this is a quality item. I don't know if it has made my car any faster (its been raining since I got my car back ), but is sounds faster .

**edit**
I just wanted people to know that Turbo Tim's exhaust was not too loud by any means...it will not wake up the neighbors unless you go screaming through at 6000 RPMs, and it is background noise inside the car, not overwhelming.
**end edit**

Anyways, my dad is kicking me off of his computer so I will post some pictures later (before picture is ugly).

[ 06-29-2001: Message edited by: ribs ]
Old 06-29-2001, 06:50 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Oh, forgot to make my plugs:

Gott Autobody Limited, Annapolis, MD
410-268-0174

Speed Force Racing
Old 06-29-2001, 11:12 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Neat...Any chance you can post a pic or 12...Love to see it
Old 06-30-2001, 10:42 AM
Mike 89 NA
Instructor

Glad to hear you got your ride back! Thanks for the Autobody shop plug. I live in the Rockville, MD area and have been looking for a shop to do some work. I'll check them out. If anybody else knows of decent shops in the Greater Washington DC area please feel free to shoot me an email. Thanks,

Mike

Quick Reply: Got my car back today (long)