Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - whatever

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002 | 04:00 AM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Post OT - whatever

All right...the BPD(borderline personality disorder) girl didn't seem so intersted in me the day after she was **** drunk (friday night), so I am a bit relievied, but a bit disappointed (I sweated her...and she dissed me...all for the better I suppose). One of her friends seems to have a liking towards me and is 10x times my kind of girl (still shorter than me @ 5'6", ~125 pounds (as opposed to the last 2 chicks I have f'ed around with, both weighing in at under 100 pounds...all though they were both 5'' or shorter), 125 poundinsh, dead splooge face, and a smart *** just like me). Well...thanks for the advise guys...after a couple days hanging out with fatal attraction girl and not gettting the punanny, I think my young ignorant self understands more about females than I did friday. Thanks for the advice...I'll keep you all updated...I have a 12:00 pm class...think I can make it?
Old 02-04-2002 | 04:23 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do ya think she saw your posts about her on one of these car enthusiast boards?
Old 02-04-2002 | 05:00 AM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

How is the project going man?
Old 02-04-2002 | 08:09 AM
Renntag
Pro

Talking

Porsche advise and Love line all in one...
Old 02-04-2002 | 10:29 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Colin-

Porsche advise and Love line all in one...

Don't forget computer assistance

I know there's no reason to post anything to Ribs right now- he won't be awake for at least 4 or 5 more hours- hell, he probably just fell asleep a few minutes ago

Good luck w/the new one- does SHE have any friends that look a lot like her and REALLY like taking road trips (south)?

BTW, when is Mardi Gras?
Old 02-04-2002 | 11:33 AM
*eurospeed951*
Burning Brakes

March
Old 02-04-2002 | 11:45 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by *eurospeed951*:
<strong>March</strong><hr></blockquote>

Right... I knew it was coming up soon. Wonder how dificult (and/or expensive) getting a decent room anywhere in New Orleans would be- I've never been before (to Mardis Gras that is), but started thinking about it the other day... I went to the '84 Worlds Fair- it was cool- it was better than it got credit for, although I didn't think it was as good as our's (Knoxville) in '82, but it's hard to remember b/c I was so young (a little kid) for both of them...

Any Rennlisters planning to go to Mardis Gras?
Old 02-04-2002 | 11:48 AM
944LT1
Racer

BTW, when is Mardi Gras?

"Fat Tuesday" is February 12th! 1 week from tomarrow.
Old 02-04-2002 | 04:21 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Ha! I don't remember posting this last night. I went to my friend's house down the street and he had a keg for his superbowl party...15 people killed the keg in 4 hours. Then I got a ride back to my house and went to my neighbor's house and played beer pong for a couple hours. I sprained my ankle walking to my house from my neighbor's house (all of 40 feet) so I had to take it easy in my gym class today, which is for the better because I might have vomited while running on the treadmill. It was a fun night, and I had a wicked hangover for my first class.

Well...robby...I don't think the girl would be savvy enough to track down my posts about her on the internet, but she was open about everything and probably wouldn't care. I am amazed at some of the good advice I get from these boards regarding non porsche stuff sometimes, so yeah, porsche advice and love line, all in one .

matt - I am stuck on the bolts for my control arms, and I can't figure out how to get the last bolt off of the brake master cylinder heat shield...one of my best friends just started going to school in salsibury this semester, and he has been a mechanic for a couple of years at a texaco station (NTM is into tweaking hondas...he is in the middle of putting a B16A1 from a japanese civic SiR into his '95 civic ex coupe...he lucked out and got a transmission with a limited slip, so he is pretty happy since it is all luck of the draw) and he said he would help me tomorrow to try to get the bolts off so I can make some headway...after I get the a-arms off, I still have to remove the brakes, struts, crossmember, crossover pipe, accessory belts, and oilpan, but I think once I get past the a-arms it will go pretty quickly.

Robby...I'm still learning about this other girl...I only hung out with her once. She is best friends with the BPD girl's roommates so it would be akward if I started seeing her...I am still undecided about the BPD girl though...I'm not going to call her, but if she wants to hang out, she knows my #. Oh yeah, I'll send you the e-mail I was meaning to send you a while ago after I post this.

I wish I could make it to mardi gras, but lack of funds and school kind of make that an impossibility.

Thanks for putting up with my drunk *** guys...later.
Old 02-04-2002 | 04:31 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Ribs,

Hey! Can you post a pic of that 4X4 engine hoist again. I have to make one of those too. (oil pan gasket)
Old 02-04-2002 | 05:28 PM
Danno
Race Director

I'm replacing my timing/balance shaft belts, front seals, oil-pan gasket, rod-bearings, and anything else I can get my hands on right now. Here's my official Porsche factory-approved engine holder. Notice that it centers the supports beams between the engine hooks for even balance and best strength:

Old 02-04-2002 | 05:49 PM
Renntag
Pro

I am going to be doing my rod bearings this spring. i am making my engine support out of steel.

"Have Mig welder and chop saw, will travel"
Old 02-04-2002 | 05:51 PM
Renntag
Pro

[quote]Originally posted by ribs:
<strong>
Thanks for putting up with my drunk *** guys...later.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey ribs, we dont mind the OT posts when yer completely sauced...just as long as you dont mind gettin yer chops broken...LOL
Old 02-04-2002 | 05:59 PM
keith
Drifting

Harbor Freight has the engine hoist in their catalog (the on-the-fender-type, like the wood version above)

$60, I think...
Old 02-04-2002 | 09:48 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Danno:
[QB]Here's my official Porsche factory-approved engine holder. Notice that it centers the supports beams between the engine hooks for even balance and best strength:

Danno,
I just stopped laughing, but I was going there for at least 2 minutes. Thanks.

Quick Reply: OT - whatever