Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT- girl with borderline personality disorder

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 07:30 PM
booster
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Speaking from experence, I use to date Satan and if that was not enough I went out with her sister (nuckin futs), anyway try it by dating and talking and stay out of the sack for the meantime, that is where alot of my relationships have gone wrong by just phyisical attraction and not really getting to know them personally before hand, It's best to be friends before lovers. Find out who she is first! And remember to wrap that little sucker when it's time.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:32 PM
booster
Racer

Bump
Old 02-02-2002, 07:38 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxxDeletedxxx

Last edited by ribs; 07-01-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:39 PM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Booster,

ding ding ding,

Exactly
Old 02-02-2002, 09:07 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts
Fatal attraction thing - like when she walks around your convertible with a knife because you looked at her a little funny?

Been there done that, done that again, and again. Then I got old and got married... To one that appears to be sane but for the fact she married me (and bought me my i mean our 944).

BTW the post says "borderline". I think you're over the line here. I met my mother in law for one holiday dinner before the wedding. One dinner dude, after she was living with me. Unless mom's a hottie.... Well you get the drift.
Old 02-02-2002, 09:21 PM
bs
Pro

Thumbs down

well, it's already been said, but i'll say it again:

RUN LIKE YOUR *** IS ON FIRE, MAN!!!

if any of you actually remember some of my older posts, i moved out here to the west coast after almost never having seen it... the reason was a chick i met back at school who lived out here. she seemed really cool, smoked mad trees, definately fulfilled eurospeed's ****ed up in head==awesome in bed equation and worshipped me for all the reasons that i am actually cool. so i decided to head to the west coast so that i could get that kind of **** every day.

well to make one of the longest stories of my life into one paragraph, a friend of mine who came out here to go to stanford had actually been hooking up with her for months and months (while i had only been flying out every month or two) and finally i realized that she had insane issues with everything... some kind of a history of abuse and it had messed her up bad. she couldn't handle intimacy, friends, school, work, etc, and was still being supported by her family. i feel sorry for people like that who will never be happy in their lives but have some respect for yourself and don't let them inflict it on you. you cannot bring someone like that to your level, only sink to theirs.

funny... she just started emailing me last week after we haven't talked in almost a year. she was all quoting black sabbath (NIB no less!!) and talking about how she was falling to peices and her life was a mess. i guess the whole breaking up with me to gain stability thing just didn't pan out... see what i'm saying.....
Old 02-02-2002, 10:15 PM
art
Pro

How long before you are the one she's been dating for 2.5 yrs, broken up with 10 times and being cheated on?
Old 02-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Peter 89 S2
Track Day

Ribs,
I'm in Bowie only about a 5 min drive from Crofton on 301. I live in Northridge. I'm over that way at least 1x/week to take my daughter to dance lessons on Priest Bridge, or I'll go over to GPA Hobbies and to Shoreline and get my Crabs. The S-2 is usually out on weekends in and around Bowie, Annapolis,or on rt.50. I plan to go up to Hershey Park later in April for the swap meet.
Peter Blk/Blk 89-S2
Old 02-02-2002, 10:23 PM
yOnKiNaToR
Advanced

ribs, i honestly thought you were talking about my ex-girlfriend- bipolar bombshell. i have done quite a bit of research dealing with bipolar, a.d.d, a,d.h.d., etc...

let me tell you something...if you are not a forgiving person and cannot expect the unexpected, then she's not probably not for you. you'll just get hurt as did I. (still trying to get over it). or she'll end of up hating you and you hating her. my girl would have memory lapses, treat me like **** and wouldn't even know it. mood swings, and many other things that just aren't worth it. now that she lives in new orleans, i don't have all that anymore but remember all of it very distinctly.

just be advised...find out what she is REALLY like before you get attached. you'll know what i mean when you are with her a while.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:58 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote] Beware the dark side ,Young Skywalker. <hr></blockquote>
Old 02-03-2002, 07:02 AM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

Ribster, I say if she has had a boyfriend, it means she is normal enough to know what she is doing. The fact that she has broken up with him 10 times is a but disturbing though. Maybe shes a great girl and the guy's whipped. Or maybe she's a psycho and she wont leave him alone. Hmmm. Its a tough one. Also, since she is in this loose relationship with her boyfriend and is seeing other guys, who's to say she wont do the same to you. I'd read Dougs post carefully.

PS Are you sure her name isnt Craig944[951]?? (BAD joke, sorry in advance if you read this craig)
Old 02-03-2002, 11:56 AM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Jim 944S:
<strong> Again, take Jim's advice... He lives in Asheville!!!
Jim 944S</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep... in the past ~2 years, we've been nominated / named "the freak center of the universe," "the New Age Capital of the US," and "one of the 10 best places to retire."

Our whole dam' town has BPD....

I've only got two bumper stickers... both on the pickup, one for the ARB air-locker, one that says....

Jim, "Don't move here"
Old 02-03-2002, 12:57 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts
Wow, what a thread this has developed into. Lotsa insight, thanks guys.

My wisdom.. I've discovered something I never would have guessed about women. The most important issue when selecting a life mate is not sex, beauty, personality, or compatability with you. You may think I'm nuts, but my biggest issue right now, after 7 years of marriage, is how great of a mother my wife is. My issues become pretty unimportant, but it is very, very important my kids have the best mother in the world. I'm pretty low on the ladder lately, and proud of it. Yea, this may seem like a bummer to think about for you college kids, but it is a fact of growing up if you ever want to have a family. Someday you'll know what I mean. If you are the type who has decided to never walk down this road, I feel sorry for you.
Sure, you aren't asking if you should marry her, but in hindsight I realize time spent hooked up to girls who I'd never consider spending the rest of my life with was time wasted. (fun though) It is time when you (theoretically) aren't available to meet Mrs. Right.
Now that I've profiled myself as Mr. Dad, I'll add that it's GREAT if you find a girl with looks, personality, AND a great maternal instinct. BUT it doesn't sound like it's her. At this point maybe I should post a pic of my girl in a Porsche. How about this link:

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~porsche944t/MGPorsches.html" target="_blank">My Girl</a>

and if that didn't work:
<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~porsche944t/MGPorsches.html" target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~porsche944t/MGPorsches.html</a>

Living the dream..
Old 02-03-2002, 02:24 PM
booster
Racer

Yea, what Jim said.................DON'T MOVE HERE!
Old 02-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Just one point. The title of this thread is "borderline personality disorder", but I think a lot of people are talking about Bi-Polar Disorder.

My post was in reference to borderline personality disorder, but I used to live with a Bi-Polar Person as well (my step father).

In my personal expierience run, don't walk from people with Bi-Polar Disorder. However, newer medications are making it far more treatalbe (so some people may be just fine). My step father was on Litium (like Bob S.' wife) and it never seemed to do much good. People with Bi-Polar Disorder often expierience addiction problems (cocain for my example), so, you have been warned.

On the other side, I was talking to my roomate more about his girlfiend with borderline personality disorder. He said it led to a lot of intamacy issues, but that it started to get better when she was getting treatment, but she stopped getting treated and it got worse. So, maybe with treatment she would be okay.

Quick Reply: OT- girl with borderline personality disorder