Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: Intake Manifold & Vacuum Line??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001 | 02:28 PM
icat
Race Car

Post Update: Intake Manifold & Vacuum Line??

Took the intake manifold off the 951 to replace a blown gasket. Thanks goes out to fellow rennlister Danno for help on the final bolt removal tool. Now for the fun part. I found several "homeless" vacuum lines with no place to go. Since I've gone to all the trouble to pull the manifold, I want to replace everything hose and line I can get my hands on. Question is this - Does the Porsche 944 Turbo supplemental manual cover vacuum line placement?
Old 09-03-2001 | 03:31 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Found a great diagram URL=http://944faq.986.org/]HERE[/URL]

Scroll down the menu to the right, in section 8 and you will see it.

I used it when I replaced all my vac lines. The only one missing is the one way valve off the brake booster, and that "Y's" into the black connector on the 2 port valve at the rear. Have fun!
Old 09-03-2001 | 05:46 PM
icat
Race Car

Thanks Perry,
This will help alot! Not everything is included, but hopefully I can wing the rest.
This also gives me a chance to to help out with something I do know about - computer software. When I went to the site Perry suggested, the wiring/vac diagram was too large to read from a single page. Tried to print, but all I got was the screen image - not the whole diagram. Tried to cut and paste into MS Word, but got the same result. So how do you get the whole image from a web site onto a single sheet of paper you can print? The answer is unusual - but it works! Use MS Excel - the spreadsheet program.
From the web site, use the Edit button on your browser. Choose "Select All", then use your "Copy" command to place the image on your clipboard. Switch to MS Excel and hit the paste button. The image will now be on the Excel spreadsheet. With the fuel system line routing image, the page count was 9 at this point. However, here's where Excel has an advantage. Once you have the image on a spreadsheet, you can select "File" and then go to "Print Preview". Once in the "Print Preview" screen, select setup and chose "Fit to 1 page(s) wide by 1 page(s) tall. The image will be transformed into a standard sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper that you can print and carry.
Hope this helps everyone out. The basic idea should work with Lotus 123 as well.
Old 09-03-2001 | 09:46 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, that is a goofy file. I forget exactly how I got it printed out but think I saved it as a temp file. And you had to retrieve it fresh, as in reboot the computer, or it wouldn't fully load. Then opened the saved file with Notepad or Word and sized it down to 1 page 8 1/2 x 11, which is what it started out at when it was first scanned. That finally worked but took 1/2 hour to figure out.

You are right that it is missing a couple lines but sure is better than nothing!
Old 09-03-2001 | 10:45 PM
MarkBytes
Instructor

There is also a decent diagram of the vaccum lines on a label in the front passenger wheel well.

I'm also replacing all the old brittle vacuum lines with silicone lines. I'll be posting the lengths and diameters to Rennlist soon.

Quick Reply: Update: Intake Manifold & Vacuum Line??