Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN: John Anderson

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 11:58 PM
Robs PorschekillerSS
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ATTN: John Anderson

John, this is Rob. I'm sitting here with James, and he showed me the topic you crack-heads posted. I was laughing my *** off. I guess we can run the cars together, but I'm gonna' have to pass on the whole Speedo thing. I don't want you to have to do anything REALLY stupid. I too have race gas, but no, I don't have 20 lbs of boost. (on the other hand, ... I DO have a little blue buddy of mine in the trunk for you). I don't want to run at that street you call a "track", though. I went and checked it out, and you're nuts if you think I'm gonna' go flyin' by the Border Patrol station at 120 mph, just to skid to a stop a few feet later, and hope there's no cops at the intersection. It's WAY too unsafe there, bud.
We'll find a spot, though. Hey, I got an idea: I'll be at Carlsbad Saturday, if you'd like to meet me there. I'll be attempting to do a little tuning with my car, to get it dialed in. Hope to see you there, along with any other 944 that thinks they can outrun a Ferrari (I heard there's a lot...).
P.S.: Here's my mods so you can prepare your car. I'll just throw everything right on out there, so nobody thinks I'm hiding something.
98 Camaro SS, 79k miles. K&N air filter, Whisper airbox lid, Granatelli MAF (nitrous program), Ram air mods, custom intake cross-pipe, PVC mods, Hooker Super Comp Ceramic-coated shorty headers, Custom 2 1/2" Y-Pipe (no cats), O2 simmulators, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust, Hypertech Power Programmer III, Holley Annihilator spark plug wires, NGK TR6 plugs @ .039", Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Adjustable clutch master cylnder, Fidanza 12 lb. aluminum flywheel, B&M Ripper shifter, Aluminum driveshaft, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Bilstein shocks, Powerslot rotors, Hawk brake pads, 28 lb. injectors, and a NOS inline fuel pump(+stock in-tank).
Oh, I almost forgot,..... and 150 of my closest wet friends in the trunk area, just itchin' to race whatever happens to pull up to the nearest stoplight.
You probably want to know horsepower, too. So far, without tuning, 511 at the rear wheels. Fastest quarter mile with the dry 120 NOS system (inoperable now) was 12.44 @ 115.9. Fastest speed in the quarter mile was 117.9 mph. I've only had the car up to 162 mph so far, but all I need is a long enough road, without cops (preferably).
Happy motoring,....
ROB
Old 11-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You must have a _really_ small dick.

-Mark 86 944 NA
Old 11-15-2001, 12:39 AM
Robs PorschekillerSS
AutoX

Well well well,...Is that the only reply you could think of, to cower in the corner in envy? I never mentioned the size of my dick, but I guess that's all that's on your mind, instead of the reply (I expected) that maybe you might have a car worth bragging over. Just think,...I'm only defending myself, upon an original challenge to race a "951". Go to Rob's Board (forgot the address), and look up the topic, rather than jump in here with "dick talk"....
Old 11-15-2001, 12:46 AM
Danno
Race Director

Gee golly, how many times must we say that these Porsches aren't dragsters. Maybe a 50-150mph run may be more inline with what they're designed to do.

Better yet, how about a REAL race track? I'm going to be at Willow Springs Dec 1-2 and Thunderhill Dec 8-9 and Jan. 26-27th! We'll hang out, have a BBQ and some fun. Drink some brewskies and shame those rice-boys!
Old 11-15-2001, 01:06 AM
Robs PorschekillerSS
AutoX

Hey Danno, ever been to Mulhulland Drive off the PCH? Yes, I can corner as well as drive in a straight line. Just call me "multi-talented". I go to Ventura every other weekend, and yeah, I'd love to hang out and take turns cookin' rice. See ya' around...
ROB
Old 11-15-2001, 01:18 AM
Lamah
Instructor

anyone can put nitrous on their car .... and i'd be a lot of them would be lower then a 12.44
Old 11-15-2001, 01:27 AM
Robs PorschekillerSS
AutoX

Talking

Well, yeah, I'm sure I can do better this weekend. I'm also sure I'd get a better time than that if I could just stop spinning drag radials through first and second gear (even after heating the crap out of 'em). I don't catch traction until 3rd gear. That's not important for now. The thing to look at is the mph. I was only on a 120 shot when I did the 117.9 mph. Now I'm a 150 wet, and traction should be better now. I'm estimating 11.5 @ 123 mph this weekend, and I won't leave 'til I beat it.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:31 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

People who talk with excess confidance are usually just as insecure. How much did you spend on your little 511 hp NOS POS? Top fuel dragsters have about 5k HP I think. If I put that cash into mine Then we'll talk about a track date. I've spent under 12k total and I can break 160 as well. Whoopity doo! But everyone needs to realise that a bike that cost wey less will leave any of us feeling stupid at the christmas tree, or in the curves. Heck the right bike will dust a Ferrari in a heart beat and costs ALLOT less. But I want class in my ride. Not as much class or practicallity on a bike. Quit your little pissing contests, you'll find your facing into the wind. There's always something better. No one cares about your little Phalic symbol, or your car. If you enjoy it than great, Thats all I care about with my car. If you think your better than anyone else than that is the first step to being wrong, even if your car is Faster. I'm more than my car, and if your so insecure that you add up to nothing more than your car, I'll let you win so your ego doesn't shatter. Mine's fine first or last, It's about having fun. Peace, everybody
Old 11-15-2001, 01:38 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Could someone post that movie with the "SS" killer? It's that one with the car that does a 10.6 second 1/4 mile at 130mph. And guess what it was... a K-car? that proves my point pretty well. God those things are ugly.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:40 AM
Robs PorschekillerSS
AutoX

LMAO! Nobody's pissing here, Roberto. Don't get all bent out of shape. First of all, I LOVE my car. Always have. Always will. I'm not bragging nor saying mine is better than anybody elses. I have been challenged to a race, and this is how I reply, with humor, intelligence, and yes, confidence. If that makes me an ego-tystical bastard, then you've been mistaken. I haven't put a hell of a lot of money in my car. Mods for my car just cost 10 times as much as they do for most. That makes me no better than many, I understand. But I stand tall.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:05 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

My appologies about my miss-interpretation of this thread, let the fun begin.
Old 11-15-2001, 02:16 AM
Robs PorschekillerSS
AutoX

That's why I created this topic, to raise a few eyebrows and see who has a sense of humor around here. I thought this would raise a laugh or two. If you've followed the original thread from Rob's 944 board, then you'd know where this came from. As long as there's people getting the wrong idea, there will be replies from me attempting to straighten them out.
And indeed,....let the fun begin,....
Old 11-15-2001, 02:28 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Rob,

I'm not trying to knock you or anything, but simply curious- you said you were running 511 at the wheels, and hit the 1/4 in 12.44 right? I realize that you said you were running regular tires, that your car is a few hundred pounds heavier than ours, and, that a 12.44@1/4 is fast as f***, but something's still, not quite adding up... I mean, a Viper GTS runs the 1/4 in 12.2 - 12.4 and has "only" 460hp and 500lbs-ft tq, and those #'s are at the flywheel, and, it should weigh very close to what your car shoud weigh(?). I could also say that a 993TT, and/or a 996TT both can run very close to a 12.0, and have about the same power to weight as the Viper, but of course, they don't have as much trouble hooking up, due to their AWD...

Again, I'm not trying to start sh**, but just wondering. I mean, even the speed seems a little low, as the Viper, 993TT, etc are all very close to the 120 mark. How long have you had your car set-up like this, and are launching the car correctly? I'm just curious. Again, that time IS impressive, and I doubt you would have too many close calls on the stop light to stop light scene...
Old 11-15-2001, 03:27 AM
Danno
Race Director

John, this is Rob. I'm sitting here with James, and he showed me the topic you crack-heads posted
Where's this post? I think John's bitten off a large chunk and may need some help chewing it..heh, heh...

As for the Viper comparison, that car came with 335mm rear tires STOCK! The most I've seen on an SS is 315 or so and that required some fender-rolling. Anyway, a Viper that was designed for that kind of power-output may have an easier time laying down that power. Plus NOS is a pain in the butt to control.

John's been talking about doing a Pizza Run this weekend starting/ending at Gladstone's in Malibu. Let's see what's up.

Robs, here's a link to the club I'm running with at Willow Springs on Dec. 1-2. Hope to see you there, if not sooner. http://www.touringcarclub.com http://www.touringcarclub.com/events/Events_Next.htm
Old 11-15-2001, 03:37 AM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a Camaro when I was 18...It was a fun car...but then I grew up.

Quick Reply: ATTN: John Anderson