Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM
airtraffic
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so this issue has taken a turn.. When I told my local indie shop guy that the engine seemed to be too lean after highway cruising, he suggested I disconnect the 02 sensor. After disconnecting the oxygen sensor, I jumped in the car and went highway cruising for about half an hour, enough to get the engine good and hot. The car performed flawlessly. No hesitation, perfect idle on exiting highway.

Hmm.. New 02 sensor I thought.. Original EQ. Bosch sensor ordered and installed. Problem returns with original symptoms! Hesitation on highway with judicious application of throttle when going downhill.. Sputtering and almost dying at exit. Took an exit off the highway, disconnected 02 sensor, jumped back in car, and now once again FLAWLESS operation.. Really confused now. Old 02 sensor was white and powdery in appearance when removed.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd recommend that since you're pulling the intake, it would only cost you $100 to send the injectors out to Witch hunter in Washing state for rebuild. On the subject of vacuum, there's a T-fitting under the j boot that connects to the ISV. It's impossible to see, especially if you don't know it's there. Also, the seals on the shaft of the throttle body are rubber and harden like all the others and will cause vacuum problems as well. I found this by applying 10 psi into the intake of the j boot and spraying the entire engine with soapy water solution. Bubbles will show the leaks. Remember that there's also a vacuum fitting going into the cannister next to the battery. Good luck

Quick Reply: Help needed!