Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock tb mod

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM
ZR8ED
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock tb mod

Reading through the N tune n/a maf conversion thread, it started to go off on additional topics of throttle bodies. Talk of larger tb's etc for improved flow etc.
I did this same mod on my convertable, and decided that today I would do the same thing to my dd. I am not ready or willing to bother to buy another throttle body and work at converting it for my car...certainly not my daily driver. What I was prepared to do only took a couple of hours, and I did some engine bay detailing, and cleaning some of the hard to reach connectors while I was at it. I removed the steep lip right at face of the throttle plate, smoothed out the transition, and reshaped the leading edge to make it more of trumpet shape (similar to an air horn on dcoe carbs) I also smoothed the transition on the exit side of the tb. I then filled the intake with rags, and matched the size and shape of intake flange to the tb. Spent some quality time rinsing it all out with solvent, before bolting it all back up.
Hp gains? not likely much, maybe a bit in the top end, but the cost was only my time. I think I improved it as much as I can without reboring it and putting in a larger throttle plate. Here is a pic of the n/a tb after the major part of the grinding was done.
If I could get my hands on a spare, I'd do the same thing for Josh (rogue ant) to dyno.

Last edited by ZR8ED; 10-23-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: stock tb mod