Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under Hood Light now working?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 AM
James Chimney
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Under Hood Light now working?

Ok so I have had my 85.5 na for almost 2 years now and the under hood light never worked (never really tried to fix it) but if you leave the left turn signal on and you turn the car off with the left turn signal lights stay on (strange), well I left the right turn signal on turned off the car and opened the hood and my under hood light worked????, is there some wiring issues of just another "Porsche thing", so if you need to work on your engine in the dark, turn the car off and put your right turn signal on and your light should work. was I the only one who didn't know this???
Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 AM
bad_monkey
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope that's how it's meant to be. Left signal is a leftover from european countries, where it was common to leave the light nearest the road on where you think someone may hit the vehicle in the dark, e.g on a corner away from street lights.

The under hood light also comes on with the first click driving lights on euro cars - don't know about elsewhere.

Fun and games eh - there's a lot of details built into these cars.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 AM
HICKS
Burning Brakes

Mine comes on when the parking lights, or headlights are on. I tried lights off, car off, left and right turn signal on and the light didnt come on. BTW, what light bulb is in yours? The big round one, or the small oval'ish one?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
flat12boxer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HICKS
BTW, what light bulb is in yours? The big round one, or the small oval'ish one?
I'd really like to know as well. I asked about this in another current thread as well as couple of says ago and someone said they pulled a round 1156 out of theirs. I am trying to find the dead one I pulled out before I put my car in storage last year, because mine was the oval one, but I don't remember the number and can't find a spec for the "correct" bulb and wattage in the manual or online. Anyone know for sure?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
HICKS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by flat12boxer
I'd really like to know as well. I asked about this in another current thread as well as couple of says ago and someone said they pulled a round 1156 out of theirs. I am trying to find the dead one I pulled out before I put my car in storage last year, because mine was the oval one, but I don't remember the number and can't find a spec for the "correct" bulb and wattage in the manual or online. Anyone know for sure?
I saw your post, and you're the reason I put a bulb in, and the only working spare I had was the round tail light bulb. It works, so I dont know.....It's such a random thing to worry about.

Quick Reply: Under Hood Light now working?