Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of y'all have gotten your car stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM
pkt1213
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I juast want the euro bumpers. Damn DOT. And if that girl couls deliver them to me......
Old 03-19-2012, 10:35 AM
God_Bot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 951Saga
I was in identical predicament as you Bot, no pics, thought for sure I’d be calling AAA, but the LSD and snow tires pulled me out.

With an open differential RWD you can partially engage the parking brake to force power to both wheels.
Really? I never knew that. I'll try it next time I get stuck in the street with one wheel in the frozen gutter.

Originally Posted by Van
Like this?
I wasn't intentionally trying to get it stuck, but at least she could rock it. Even the smallest amount of slipping the clutch would spin the wheels.

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
The only place any of my Porsches have gotten stuck is traffic.

What are you doing driving a sports car in the snow with summer tires? I thought tires were the most critical thing for driving in snow.
That was the only spot of snow on my little cruise and I wasn't about to turn around in the last 100'. Tires are important and I have winter tires on my daily driver but at any temp above 40°F they get really soft and start squealing all the time and they're pretty easy to tear up. That's why I had the 944, it actually has all-seasons because that's what the previous owner put on it. Once they're shot I'll be putting winters on the stock wheels and getting some nice ones for summer tires. TripleTreds may look cool but I'm not a fan of them on anything other than dry pavement.

Besides, I think the 944 looks sexy when she gets all dirty!

Quick Reply: How many of y'all have gotten your car stuck?