Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone keyed my 951 last night...(UPDATE)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Someone keyed my 951 last night...(UPDATE)

So I go out this morning and notice a nice white line down the entire driver's side of my 951. This has been a trying month for Porsche ownership. My NA was hit hit and the person left a fake number on my windshield, My alternator dies, my battery dies, my j-boot ripped, had to replace the turnbuckle as the nut was stripped and the radiator drain plug broke, leaving a mile of coolant on the road and leaving me stranded 20 miles from my place....I got a $60 parking ticket for hanging over a no parking sign by 1 1/2 feet. You would think I was punching nuns for the amount of car karma I've gone through in the last 2 weeks.

It's funny..Korn played about two blocks away last night...which turns my neighborhood into a parking lot for angry, suburban youth. The thought crossed my mind that my car might get ****ed with...and it did. It goes in for a hood/complete left side re-spray on Monday. $100 deductible..which is kind of ironic as these kids actually did me a favor...ha. The price of owning a bright red Porsche in the city I guess.

Last edited by BlackOp; 03-15-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 AM
RazrPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

That's sickening to read. People just don't have any respect for other people's things anymore, nor do they take responsibility for their actions.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:23 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Yeah...I don't have any known enemies and adults don't key people's cars. It was a combination of restless youth, alcohol and mosh pits. IMO.

They come into the city, trash our neighborhood then go back to work at Target in the morning.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 AM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlackOp
Yeah...I don't have any known enemies and adults don't key people's cars. :
Trashy Adults do
Old 02-26-2012, 01:40 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carlege
Trashy Adults do
True...it's strange how a Porsche affects people. It's like a symbol of the ******* boss they hate..I dont think any other $10K car would evoke a keying. Repressed anger projected on stationary objects...a lot of frustrated people in America right now.

It makes me wonder the psychology of this person..."my life sucks..so I'm going to make someone else, a stranger, suffer too."

Anyway...I hope the trashing of my cars calms down. Hopefully this ebb and flow has ended..
Old 02-26-2012, 02:17 AM
River
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to step in here.

Honestly, you can't blame a fan of Korn, or what not. It's just a simple douche. Period. I too had someone tag my bumper a week ago. No note nothing. It's the person, not the people. The mindset of someone that does this is three things: "Eff this rich weiner and his Porsche" or "something shiny I can mess up" or "I double dog darrrree youuuu"

I'm an "Alternative" type. Much like what you would see at a Korn show (saw live too, awesome btw). I do get some interesting looks when I get out of my car, or at the dealership for parts. I do plan on a sleeve tattoo as well, which...is not becoming of the typical owner I run into at PCA events.

No matter. Janis Joplin had a Porsche. Brett Michales had a 944 (which he killed). Hell, even Ryan Dunn died in one.

People just plain ol' suck man. Reading this makes me think twice about buying a red one *sigh* They just look good in red too. It's not fair.

I still want to start the capture cam! LOL! thread for it : http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/for...0063206;start=

p.s. post pics man. I'm curious to see the damage vs. what it'll cost to fix it (insurance). And what carrier do you have that has a $100 deductable? (very curious).
Old 02-26-2012, 03:13 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by River
I have to step in here.

Honestly, you can't blame a fan of Korn, or what not. It's just a simple douche. Period. I too had someone tag my bumper a week ago. No note nothing. It's the person, not the people. The mindset of someone that does this is three things: "Eff this rich weiner and his Porsche" or "something shiny I can mess up" or "I double dog darrrree youuuu"

I'm an "Alternative" type. Much like what you would see at a Korn show (saw live too, awesome btw). I do get some interesting looks when I get out of my car, or at the dealership for parts. I do plan on a sleeve tattoo as well, which...is not becoming of the typical owner I run into at PCA events.

No matter. Janis Joplin had a Porsche. Brett Michales had a 944 (which he killed). Hell, even Ryan Dunn died in one.

People just plain ol' suck man. Reading this makes me think twice about buying a red one *sigh* They just look good in red too. It's not fair.

I still want to start the capture cam! LOL! thread for it : http://www.944online.com/cgi-bin/for...0063206;start=

p.s. post pics man. I'm curious to see the damage vs. what it'll cost to fix it (insurance). And what carrier do you have that has a $100 deductable? (very curious).
No offense...I'm an artist. I just gauged the situation..and was right. I've had a Porsche for 4 1/2 years...it was most definitely because of that show. I would think Korn, personally, wouldn't be out there keying cars..their fans, well, the results speak for themselves. It wasn't a coincidence. I live in a neighborhood...with a school across the street. Yes, it was an individual act..but the style of music the band brings appeals to that type of "random" personality. I have no problem with punks..just when they **** with my car for no reason.

FTR, my friends did one of their videos..
Old 02-26-2012, 05:35 AM
River
Racer

I'd seriously consider having a mounted camera in and outside of the car for the next few shows.

Post it on youtube. lol!

I really hate people. I just in this month's Pano about a couple enjoying their Boxster for a couple's trip. Ant it got keyed both sides.

Seriously terrible.

And honestly, the style of music really doesn't matter. I've been to hundreds of shows, bartended, dj'd you name it. People at the core are just rotten. Cowboy, rapper, even a korn fan (metal type). Time and place I guess.

Then again, I did have a pair of size ten loafers on the way from the roof all the way to the spoiler on another car. Still pissed about that one. I yelled at that parking attendant for ten mins. And that was in a downtown setting.

Rule I've learned? Booze makes dbags bigger dbags. If they'll think about sober, they'll for sure do it drunk.

God, I hope you film it and catch someone in the act. Oh, sweet revenge, lol!

and what is your insurance?! I'm curious! I have Progressive and all they'll do is that $500 deductable or a $1000. If I do the 1000, I pay $62 a month full coverage. As of now, I pay the $42 liability for now. And cringe every time I park in a busy area (downtown, concerts, bars, malls).

Totally makes me wanna say eff it and wrap it and call it a day. Get keyed, sand it, wrap it again. *sigh* I hate people. My condolences man...
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

I'm with State Farm...but have a clean driving record and am older. I drive it less than 3000 miles a year. I have an N/A also..and the subway is just a few blocks.

When I bought my 951, I made sure it wasn't "mint". I knew it wouldn't stay that way for long if it was.

It was really cold the night it happened...people usually don't go out vandalizing in those temps.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM
pkt1213
Rennlist Member

that really sucks dude. You had a streak and just ****ty luck. Well you do have a new fender in Chicago. Hopefully greyhound go a hold of you.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:12 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

sit outside with a .45 next time there's a concert.

swiss-cheese the ****ers.

too bad the people's republic of illinois would come after you for protecting your property.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM
rgs944
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone pissed on my 928 last year. A bunch of guys were then bragging about and it did not end well for them. They were on the losing end of a 7 on 1 and after that humiliation they had to deal with the cops. The one that did the pissing got it for indescent exposure and one of his buddies got a DUI when he left. Not bragging
(well, Ok a little bit), but it was just nice to see the dipwads get what they deserved for once.

Last edited by rgs944; 02-26-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by River
I really hate people. I just in this month's Pano about a couple enjoying their Boxster for a couple's trip. Ant it got keyed both sides.
just finished reading that issue a few nights ago... sucks, especially on such a cool roadtrup. talk about being on top of the world on a great trip and then come back to a keyed car...
Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

unbelievable. death can't come soon enough for people like this.

Originally Posted by BlackOp

I dont think any other $10K car would evoke a keying. Repressed anger projected on stationary objects...a lot of frustrated people in America right now.... makes me wonder the psychology of this person..."my life sucks..so I'm going to make someone else, a stranger, suffer too."

truer words have never been spoken on this forum, brother.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Solutions are Available

I see a problem.

I take care of the problem. Yum tastes like chicken -

Quick Reply: Someone keyed my 951 last night...(UPDATE)