Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VACUUM ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:19 PM
dpoul34
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VACUUM ISSUE

While I was changing out my battery cables and some heater hoses, I figured I'd go and change out the HCV as well. After I buttoned the car back up (87 NA), I find that the car will only blow hot hair. This was an issue when I bought the car, and changed out the little white clips under the driver's side footwell and that fixed the problem. This time it's different.

With the aid of a vacuum tester, I connected it to the hcv and the arm actuated somewhere around 13 on the gauge. When I connected the tester to the line that was on the hcv, I started the car - no vacuum. Put the **** of the TCU on the coldest setting, nothing happened, no change. So I assume the issue has to be with that line. The TCU was tested fine.

This vac line is the one that connects from the HCV to the firewall, but from that point I don't know where to track it. The only other parts changes within the same time frame were the radiator hoses, but that's it. The car's just too hot inside to be in for any period of time.

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: VACUUM ISSUE