Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shopping prior to track season

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Shopping prior to track season

Over the past ten years I've done quite a bit of autocrossing in my P-cars (first a 944, then a Boxster, and now a 924S). I've also spread a few track days over those ten years. Work, a working wife, a son born in 1998, and lack of a Mitt Romney-style income have kept me from getting serious track time.

Well, work still keeps me busy, the wife is still a work-a-holic, and my tax returns still look nothing like Mitt's. However, my son is now 13 years old and can, within reason, be left to his own devices on a Saturday or Sunday. Life is opening up for me!

Some of you may know that last spring I picked up an '87 924S with 52K miles on it. It didn't need much attention, but I spent a fair amount of time last year tending to timing belts, motor mounts, suspension, brakes, etc. I autocrossed it last year, and I've planned to get back into DE in 2012. Over the past few months I debated how far and fast to go with the installation of safety equipment. Well, I think I've done enough with PCA to know that I want a DE car, so I decided to just go ahead and put some more $$$ into the car.

As I write this the car is in a shop having a used Autopower roll bar installed. Over the weekend I dropped by O.G. Racing and picked up a pair of Sparco Evo 2 Plus seats and a HANS. I already have a set of 6-point Schroth harnesses that I had put in my Boxster. I'm thinking of swapping out the 6-point sub for a 5-point sub setup. The Evo 2 seats don't seem to lend themselves to the dual sub strap.

As I proceed with the installation of the seats, etc. I'll post some pics.

Hope to see some of you at the track this year
Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i'll be at the OVR/PCA DE this spring april 20 weekend at mid ohio. Cant wait to hit the track again this cold stuff sucks.

Quick Reply: Shopping prior to track season