Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help pricing car and some other items

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012 | 10:42 PM
pkt1213
Rennlist Member

Default Need help pricing car and some other items

Well looking like I am going to be getting married this year so I need to downsize my stuff and make some room in the garage. I am needing some help pricing stuff so I can list it for sale.

1 - 89 944 N/A Guards Red/Black
I picked this car up in April when I got back from the 'stan.
Good:
- LSD
- 951S clubsport rims with Bridgestones installed in May. The rims and tires were about $1500.
- Stage8 locking cv bolts
- Rennbay rear tow hooks
- 968 CS tray and rubber mat
- 8 way power drivers seat has a bad spot in the upper right bolster and 4 way passengers
- Split rear seats
- Kenwood Exelon HU installed this summer and I fixed the dash wiring with the speaker plugs soldered in from my parts car.
- 10" sub and cap custom installed in the back
- New battery in September or so
- I've got a throttle cam around here somewhere too

Bad:
Big thing is the A/C doesn't work. Someone before broke an ear off the compressor and the adjustment rod. I have the original compressor and one I bought second hand that's supposed to be in good shape. Also have a new dry and expansion valve for it. Car has a few small dings. The two biggest places are where people have pressed the hood to close it and you can see it in the metal when it's polished. One above the passenegers door when I'm gussing a meaty person levered themselves out.

Other bad things, the odo gear is broke at like 99,950 mile but I have a Rennbay one to install and will be installed. Also will have a new clutch master when sold. Some dash cracks covered by a fabric cover.

Also I don't have info about the timing belt and waterpump. It was on my winter to do list.

***Here's some pics from the car show. The script sport seats, rear seats, and door pannels will not be included unless someone makes the right offer.***

Let me know what you guys think I should ask for it. I was thinking $5,000 or a little more.

2- Turbo brake set up. Bought the fronts from Rob, used rotors and pads on late offset spindels. I think he said the bearings are less that 2 years old. Rear calipers, spacers, used pads, and new chinese discs still in box.
I was thinking 450 shipped.
Old 01-01-2012 | 11:06 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

That was quick. Already selling the car. It looked to be in good shape. Congrats on the marriage. I'm glad that my Fiance supports my hobby(951).
Old 01-01-2012 | 11:44 PM
pkt1213
Rennlist Member

I don't really want to sell it because it is my dream 944 that I looked for for a few years. Also she's not making me sell it. I can do whatever with cars.....but I gotta buy a ring and help pay for a wedding. Also going to send some money overseas to help with some mission work.

Quick Reply: Need help pricing car and some other items