Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of power and rough idle- feels and sounds like an old muscle car! What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS: Just contact me personally if he goes off on a gibberish rant in this thread again. I'll just delete them so that you all can get back to the REAL topic. Can I have that drink now, Chris? Lol!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Saw your guys' PMs. Thanks for the warning. Holy sheep shins this guy's off his rocker. Shame on me for posting it publicly, but somebody's gotta make him hopefully feel NOT at home here. Ack!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

Cheers, Bonster- six pack of Oktoberfest in this garage while it lasts!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Ah, dang it. Can you wait about ten hours? IF I don't get pulled over (for speeding, if they can catch me)? Lol. Ah, Dallas . . . so dang far NORTH. Sigh.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

NORTH of Florida, eh? Oh boy, goodnight Bonster!

And hey, thanks for the open door policy- I'll let you know if nutso shows up again.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes, I believe that Dallas is north of Navarre. Am I wrong? I suck at geography, I will admit. But if your dog or cat or horse or . . . whatever . . . has something wrong, that I can do. Wait. Dallas is far more west than north of us, huh? Crap. Like I said -- geographically not inclined. I'd say it's a girl thing, but that would be a pretty lousy excuse.

I should hang out here more often. I know nothing of these cars you all drive, not really. But I really should. And NO, I am not buying another Porsche. One is enough. Though, I would like to learn. The numbers make no sense to me. Then again, I have a 911. That number has been around for a looooong time.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

Mostly very west! I will grant you a little north though since it's a Monday. Sending you a PM, ha.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Darn. Now I wish I'd routed my business trip (week from tomorrow) through DFW instead of Atlanta. Sigh. Some day . . .
Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by stew-gart44
what would make a car change in power so drastically by hitting a bump in the road?
Stew, you need to start your own thread. Your comments are confusing and not related to what Sentinelist is trying to t-shoot. We call this a hi-jack, and while occasional OT posts are ok, you are going overboard in this thread.

PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD
Old 11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
Stew, you need to start your own thread. Your comments are confusing and not related to what Sentinelist is trying to t-shoot. We call this a hi-jack, and while occasional OT posts are ok, you are going overboard in this thread.

PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD
He already has a thread going on the same subject check (ruff run? 83 944)
Old 11-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Bonster
Lifetime Rennlist

Guys . . . stew-gart44 is officially gone unless an admin wants to bring him back. His PMs and even a public message on my profile, coupled with his recent posts here, led to his permanent ban. Now you can get back to why you joined Rennlist.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

Hooray!

Update- apparently there is a backorder on the BOSCH distributors. May be a month before I get one according to Paragon. Only one rotor and shaft combo in ATL they are trying to get for me, or maybe I can do with just the rotor? Copper plugs, wires, coil (all BOSCH) should be en-route now for Friday...
Old 11-09-2011, 10:11 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Sentinelist
Update- apparently there is a backorder on the BOSCH distributors. May be a month before I get one according to Paragon. Only one rotor and shaft combo in ATL they are trying to get for me, or maybe I can do with just the rotor? Copper plugs, wires, coil (all BOSCH) should be en-route now for Friday...
You should give Kirk at Zim's a call - he's got all of this in stock and you could pick them up today. Cap, rotor, coil (all Bosch), wires (OEM or aftermarket), and plugs (Bosch Copper).

Not sure what shaft you are talking about... I can't imagine your rotor shaft is damaged or unusable, but that would definitely be a Porsche/PCNA part if it is.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
You should give Kirk at Zim's a call - he's got all of this in stock and you could pick them up today. Cap, rotor, coil (all Bosch), wires (OEM or aftermarket), and plugs (Bosch Copper).

Not sure what shaft you are talking about... I can't imagine your rotor shaft is damaged or unusable, but that would definitely be a Porsche/PCNA part if it is.
I was thinking about that! I'll see what all I receive from Paragon on Friday, and will call Zims then or Saturday and cancel what was pending. I'd really love to get this thing back on the road for the weekend! Thanks for the recc.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Zim's is closed on Saturday's.

Oh, and most of those prices should be on the website. They don't list everything they carry on the website, but the popular stuff is there. All of these parts should be easy to find and price, and I spoke with Kirk personally this morning and he checked stock.

Quick Reply: Loss of power and rough idle- feels and sounds like an old muscle car! What is this?