Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wedding Pictures- Porsche Content

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:41 PM
mazdaverx7
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

AWESOME pictures! congratulations on a beautiful day! your new bride appears to also be a Porsche fan (and a keeper no doubt), as she was willing to take wedding pics with your car were you planning on taking a road trip for your honeymoon?
Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quite the good sport you married....congratulations. Some things to consider:

*It's not about you anymore
*After kids, it's REALLY not about you anymore...LOL

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats!!!. Car looks good to.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

congrats, marriage is something that always needs work, not unlike a car. Great when they purrrrr.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:10 PM
ernie9468
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW congrats nice pics.The bride is beautiful so is the 924S.

Last edited by ernie9468; 02-04-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
doabarrelroll
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I think about it, these pictures remind me a bit of the 944 from Sixteen Candles

Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

thanks everyone!!!

she is quite the girl. she loves the 924s and wants to get a mk1 gti as a project car for her.

Originally Posted by sydneyman2007
Congrats Casey! you've got a keeper there! Mine is an older model and they aren't as keen on car pics... although the '68 was the getaway car! well it was until it was covered in shaving cream dciks by all my "friends"...
my friends new that heads would roll if anyone touched the porsche. they were actually on watch to make sure that no one else tried anything.

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
AWESOME pictures! congratulations on a beautiful day! your new bride appears to also be a Porsche fan (and a keeper no doubt), as she was willing to take wedding pics with your car were you planning on taking a road trip for your honeymoon?
she is a porsche fan. we covered about 1400 flawless miles shortly after these pictures. the best part, a few days after we got home she said that she missed the porsche and we went back out for a 120 mile day trip.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:00 PM
dontnow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! Great that she is into cars as well.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm so happy you posted these pics...I've been candidly waiting for these. You and your bride look fantastic and the car is really very nice. Perfection I would say...now straighten out that fender molding.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:43 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Originally Posted by whalebird
now straighten out that fender molding.
you would point that out wouldn't you...

thanks for all the support on the porsche, fusion, and bronco over the last year or so. the car wouldn't be what it is without your help.

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Quite the good sport you married....congratulations. Some things to consider:

*It's not about you anymore
*After kids, it's REALLY not about you anymore...LOL
the same goes for you! i didnt realize who posted this until now. if you knew it or not, you helped me order a full suspension setup, got me squared away with everything i needed for the clutch job, and got me a great price on the exhaust.

the two of you are living proof how much community and vendor support there is for these cars.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:36 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry Casey...if it makes you feel better, I have 7 of the 10 side molding strips on my car. The three remaining pieces will be reinstalled tomorrow.
A MK1 GTI is a fun little car. Easy cheap fun. I may have a line on some MK2 suspension goodies(neuspeed)...sway bars and fr/RR strut braces. I'd have to make a call. While looking for a GTI, may I suggest considering a 16v Scirrocco. I had an 88 and that was a FUN car after a host of suspension add-ons. At the same time I also had a G60 Corrado and that was certainly an amazing car. The Scirrocco was different but not "less". Both are outstanding machines and eclipsed my MK2 GTI in performance and build quality. You can't go wrong with a GTI though and "what the wife wants...she gets" Looking and driving all the candidates is part of the fun. That said,(you saw it coming)an e21s with recaros and lsd is unique and hard to find in good condition. e30s are wonderful cars too and plentiful with lots of aftermarket support(e21 has much fewer options). Perhaps we've had this discussion...
It is very cool of Jason to chime in and kudos to he and Paragon for their outstanding support. I'm gratified to help anyway I can as you know.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:36 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats! The pictures came out great!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:48 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome pictures, and congratulations!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:41 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Originally Posted by whalebird
Sorry Casey...if it makes you feel better, I have 7 of the 10 side molding strips on my car. The three remaining pieces will be reinstalled tomorrow.
A MK1 GTI is a fun little car. Easy cheap fun. I may have a line on some MK2 suspension goodies(neuspeed)...sway bars and fr/RR strut braces. I'd have to make a call. While looking for a GTI, may I suggest considering a 16v Scirrocco. I had an 88 and that was a FUN car after a host of suspension add-ons. At the same time I also had a G60 Corrado and that was certainly an amazing car. The Scirrocco was different but not "less". Both are outstanding machines and eclipsed my MK2 GTI in performance and build quality. You can't go wrong with a GTI though and "what the wife wants...she gets" Looking and driving all the candidates is part of the fun. That said,(you saw it coming)an e21s with recaros and lsd is unique and hard to find in good condition. e30s are wonderful cars too and plentiful with lots of aftermarket support(e21 has much fewer options). Perhaps we've had this discussion...
It is very cool of Jason to chime in and kudos to he and Paragon for their outstanding support. I'm gratified to help anyway I can as you know.
we have discussed several different vws. i hang out with the vw tuners here in iowa so i have plenty of connections. hannah has a preference to the more humble looking mk1 rabbit. we will probably look for a clean shell of any type (diesel to gti) and then do a 16v swap. ive actually got a friend with a full 16v swap (engine, trans, crossmember, axles, harness) sitting in his garage.

while we are talking about scirroccos and g60s, how bout a g60 in a rocco. a local guy has this for sale:

the thing is very clean and has a rare body kit on it. all a guy would need to do is trailer it home and get a chip burnt for it. my understanding is that it runs well enough to get it on a trailer but not enough to get it home. i belive he also has a set of euro bumpers but is short the mounts.

Quick Reply: Wedding Pictures- Porsche Content