Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Universal Catalytic Experience/Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 PM
pnbell
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 944 Universal Catalytic Experience/Reviews?

Yes i searched a lot before creating this post...

I am getting ready to replace my exhaust system. Going with a Dansk SS Cat Back.

But I would like to replace the Cat; i am Very Sure it is Old/Clogged. *My Car Just passed VA emissions last week; Though the mechanic laughed as it emitted the exact amount of HC it could at both 25mph and 15mph...

ANYWAY:

I could go without a Cat (my car is now emissions exempt in VA) but I have read a lot about Bad Noise; Raspy, Rattily, Resonance, Ricer, ect...

I want a better sound, but I also want to drive around with Normal People/Family and not have an annoying exhaust... This is my Daily Driver.

Universal Catalytic Converters Experience/ Reviews please: (Ex: MagnaFlow Universal Catalytic $60)
-Sound
-Performance
-Emissions

^in this order of importance.

Any install price or experience is very welcome too!

Thanks Guys!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:56 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 517 Posts

I have a generic Schultz brand cat I got a few years ago, just before the CA car-specific cat law came into effect. I don't remember the numbers but my car blew a small fraction of the emission limits at both speeds. Sounds fantastic.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:21 PM
kombatrok
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have passed emissions with the smallest magnaflow cat I could find... Sounds good also, a good bit louder than stock, but not annoying and way lighter.

Had them welded in for about $60

Last edited by kombatrok; 08-22-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

I've got a small universal cat (PO installed) and a dansk catback (my install)

I can't tell you what brand it is but the combination has a smooth tone. It is louder than stock when you get on it but is barely noticeable down the highway.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:00 PM
pnbell
Burning Brakes

Awesome, thanks guys.
@ Thirdgenbird- if you have a video; I would love to hear your setup. That's exactly what I am looking to run... (aftermarket cat with Dansk)

Anyone else with aftermarket catalytic converters, please post the type, cost, sound, installation, and any general comments.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Originally Posted by pnbell
Awesome, thanks guys.
@ Thirdgenbird- if you have a video; I would love to hear your setup. That's exactly what I am looking to run... (aftermarket cat with Dansk)

Anyone else with aftermarket catalytic converters, please post the type, cost, sound, installation, and any general comments.
i dont have a video and my only "camera" is my cell phone. the image is great but the audio will be worthless. just go with it. you wont be disappointed.

Quick Reply: 944 Universal Catalytic Experience/Reviews?