Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

taking delivery if my baby tomorrow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 PM
casey78
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone! If any of you are in the lake of the ozarks Missouri area hit me up. Would love to hang out and drool over your cars lol
Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats on receiving it!.

yes we arn't the typical "snobby porsche owners"
Just give the car a once over look to see if theres any other isues, i hope theres nothing else other then what you've said.

good luck with the car.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I really like the P carts from 1985 to about 1996.

But you need to remember that Now the Adventure begins .

There are no perfect old (er) cars. There is always something to do. There is always something that you want to do. And then other things happen.

It sometimes can make me a little fussy.

But this is a great place, and a lot of great guys and gals around , and a lot of information too.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:31 PM
OHNOES
Intermediate

Congrats on the adoption of what looks to be a quite beautiful Porsche! Hope ahe gives you many great years of fun and enjoyment.

-Chris
Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 PM
mytrplseven
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm on my 3rd 944. I still remember the 1st one. As time goes on you "may" find an item that doesn't seem right. Don't feel foolish by asking questions here on site. sometimes a small thing is an indicator of something bigger but not necessarily hard to fix. This site is a wealth of support and information. I've gotten into the habit of spending a an hour a night reading other people's posts and you'd be amazed what I've learned about this car. Beautiful car, by the way. Don't loan it out. They won't appreciat it as much as you do. What is the total mileage on the car and is it auto or stick?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 PM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by F40LM
Congrats on the new toy, and welcome to the insanity.
Again congrats
Welcome to the "insanity" and "addiction" are both soo true... Since I got my 944 (and first car) last year, I've read every page of every new thread since. When I was away from cellphone service over the summer for a week at boy scout camp, I had to spend hours catching up on everything. But I didn't miss a beat, and don't think I ever will :O
Old 08-19-2011, 01:15 AM
casey78
Track Day

Welcome to the "insanity" and "addiction" are both soo true... Since I got my 944 (and first car) last year, I've read every page of every new thread since. When I was away from cellphone service over the summer for a week at boy scout camp, I had to spend hours catching up on everything. But I didn't miss a beat, and don't think I ever will :O[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. My dad had one practically my whole life. I drove it when I was in high school. I used to read performance product and Excellence mags in class all the time. He got rid if it a few years ago so I bought one, Now I got a phone with Renn and it's hard to work!! LoL
Old 08-19-2011, 01:22 AM
casey78
Track Day

It is as simple as unbolting the two large bolts holding the bumper shocks to the metal front bumper to remove the metal bumper than pull out the colapsed shock and replace with a good one. I would look on ebay as there are plenty of dismantlers selling still good and useable parts for the 944. Make sure you get the longer bumper shock that belongs to the NA as the 951 has shorter shocks.

Good to see it arrived unharmed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice!!

Quick Reply: taking delivery if my baby tomorrow!!!