Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike rack for 944?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Stephen Porter
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear jack pads?

It's been raining here, and I haven't gotten a chance to reinstall the Bones (and I don't have a bike now), but I'm still not sure where the rear jack pads are?? The only jacking points I'm aware of are the ones in the middle of the rocker panel area.

I checked Clark's garage and he mentions rear jacking points, so I guess when it's dry I'll go out and see if I can crawl under and see them. As I mentioned, this car has the 951 rear diffuser--would that cover up the points.

In any case, I'm sure there's something there I can hook onto--although I may have to bend the hooks a bit.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:51 PM
mhr
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Porter
MHR,

I was thinking about this and looking a diagrams for the Bones and it seems like the side straps would fit the sides of your trunk lid perfectly. In fact, the straps marked "side" on my unit are shorter than the "bottom" ones and would be perfect to go out the sides of a trunk lid. But I may not have the right idea.
thanks for the heads up I will try it out.

Unfortunately at the moment my car is at the shop. Sent it for an alignment and a coolant flush. Now waiting for some new replacement coolant lines to arrive

Quick Reply: Bike rack for 944?