Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iggee Seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Fintro11
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iggee Seat covers

I just got my tan/black Iggee seat covers, they look great and a good price.
I was wondering for those of you have installed these are there any special tricks you would recommend for the front and back seats. I will not be able to install these until tonight when i get home from work, i will take pictures prior to install and after install
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
dpoul34
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't installed back set covers because I didn't need to but the sport front seats I had were atrocious. The 170 Iggee covers were a fine enough replacement compared to the $850 duo-tone italian leather upholstery I had originally decided on.

Do yourself a favor and take the seats out first, but if they haven't been out before, get ready for quite a struggle with the bolts. PB Blast 'em first and then take them out. They slip right over and have convenient hooks, which I think would be a nightmare getting them under the seat to connect in the back. It will give you a chance to clean under the seats, regrease the rails, etc.

My two cents.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Fintro11
Pro

The back seats will be a nightmare, the retractable cover you need to take off or make a slit I'n the cover
Old 03-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Fintro11
Pro

so tonight i was bored and decided to remove my seats, and install my iggee seat covers. I started with the drivers side. The seat had some of the foam torn out as you can sort of see with this picture

I went to a local fabric shop and bought some high density foam then used a spray glue to stick it in then i used some masking tape to hold it in tight.

after that i installed the bottom section of the cover first. I broke one of the elastic tentioners off not sure if that was from product quality or pulling it too tight. overall i am happy with the covers. I went for a drive and the covers grip great. and i think they will look really good once i find time to install my new black carpet.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:43 AM
kingston944
Racer

Nice nice nice work . Only thing I see is, it would of been nice if around the power seat switchs it could of gone in behind the switch had they not of made a cut out for the switch, but for the price nice inexpensive repair. I just told a friend of mine about those covers a couple of days ago as his drivers seat is NFG. Keep us up dated in a year from now if they are holding up and if you still like them. Thanks for the picture post.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Fintro11
Pro

i am not too happy with the rear seat covers i had a hard time getting the top part on. On my cover the opening for were it locks into the upright place is about a inch too high >.< i will take some pictures later

Quick Reply: Iggee Seat covers