Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 for sale in Fresno, CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 06:15 AM
safulop
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 944 for sale in Fresno, CA

This early 1985 Porsche 944 is Kalahari Tan metallic with brown interior. I have owned this car since 1999, and have used it as a daily driver for many years. It is very well-maintained, with all service records since 1999 and some which date back to 1985. It has sustained minor body damage from a hailstorm and vandalism, so the price is discounted, see below for details.

Mechanical condition is superior, this car runs like brand new. It has about 30,000 miles on a Centerforce racing clutch installed in 2007. It had a timing belt/water pump replacement in 2009 and a rebuilt steering rack was installed last year. AC was retrofit for R134 with brand new Griffiths compressor in 2006, and it is still cold from that system charge.
Cruise control, odometer, and clock are nonoperational. Windshield washer system was restored and worked for many years, but now may require a check valve in line as only one nozzle has weak spray. Turn signal cancel function is broken, but I have a used turn-signal switch that works properly and could be installed if desired. All other components are functioning well including power windows, sunroof, mirrors, pop-up lights, hatch release, front and rear wipers, and rear defrost.

There may be a small power steering leak under the reservoir which just cropped up recently. This is the only known current mechanical problem. New tires and struts will be required fairly soon, but are still good.

Entire car was repainted in 2003, and some parts were repaired more recently. This included a complete repair/repaint of the front bumper/spoiler and also the rear bumper assembly. The car trim was not disassembled for the full repainting, and there are a couple of places where the edge-taping has resulted in some peeled paint at the edges (sunroof edge near seal for example). Bumpers/spoiler were painted off the car. Clearcoat and paint are still in excellent overall condition, there is no "sunburn" or marred areas. There is no need to repaint any large panels of the car at the present time. Original cookie-cutter wheels still in good condition, as I have refreshed them more than once using polishing/rubbing compound. There is no "curb rash."

The hood, roof, and passenger side have small dents from hail damage. Paintless dent repair estimated $1500 for this work. The driver's side mirror is cracked and the passenger door handle plastic facing is broken off, also a result of this hailstorm. The double-thick removable sunroof panel came through undamaged.
The bottom of both front fenders behind the wheels are distorted from some idiots attempting to jack up and steal the wheels. Body shop estimated $1100 for this repair.
All this damage is so minor that it cannot even be seen in the pictures.

The interior is in good condition overall. All seats are still excellent except the driver, which has cracked leather and a cheap seat cover overtop. Dashboard is badly cracked, but I have a brown velour cap which can be used if desired. The car comes with a complete set of four custom fit Porsche floor mats in excellent condition. I will also provide a black custom-fit bra for the nose and a custom-fit fabric car cover.

Mileage unknown, best guess is 190K miles. Passed smog this month with flying colors. 5-speed, 2.5 L 4-cylinder rated 144 bhp.

Asking $2,500. This is a serious deal for a 944 in excellent running order.

Please send a PM or use my email: sfulop@csufresno.edu

-Sean
Attached Images      
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM
joejoe
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Good luck with sale safulop. Your 944 looks just like my '84 (except I have tan/brown interior)
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
safulop
Rennlist Member

Wow, the market is really thin here.

I had this car in Autotrader for one week, got three calls, but none from actual Porsche people who know anything. I looked around a bit, and found that this is the only 944 for sale in the county (pop. 750,000), and one of only two in a 100 mile radius.

Should I try to sell it on ebay? It is worth what I'm asking as a parts car, and it runs perfectly. Seems a shame to give it up for salvage.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

Tried craigslist? eBay may be a good last resort. Not many people buying lately. Nice looking car though.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
Tried craigslist? eBay may be a good last resort. Not many people buying lately. Nice looking car though.
You are thinking road trip, aren't you? Halves with me???
You can have the body and motor and I'll take the wheels...

...that sounded a little too Lart, didn't it?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:56 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
You are thinking road trip, aren't you? Halves with me???
You can have the body and motor and I'll take the wheels...

...that sounded a little too Lart, didn't it?
if you really want those cookie cutters, howabout you pay 80% and i still get body/motor
Old 03-08-2011, 02:44 AM
safulop
Rennlist Member

Ah, here come the pirhana! Come on, guys, this old girl is worth a good save. Doesn't somebody's kid need their first Porsche or something?

New rack, recent TB/WP, awesome motor, Centerforce clutch, and cold AC, for $2,500 ???
You can hardly see the hail damage! It's a ten-footer!!
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent
Old 03-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
if you really want those cookie cutters, howabout you pay 80% and i still get body/motor
I gotta check my glasses.

Quick Reply: 944 for sale in Fresno, CA