Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leak at rear window wiper

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Leak at rear window wiper

I noticed a water mark on glass, behind the rear wiper assembly, not long after I bought the car, but today I had my newly fixed rear cover in place. After some rain I noticed a little puddle of water. Is this hard to fix, and what parts would I need ? I assume I can just replace the rubber seal but any info would be V helpful

peace

Cyberpunky
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
pnbell
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Though it appears to be leaking from the Rear Wiper Hole, it is possible that the leak is coming from further up.

Is the Glass Seperated from the Hatch Frame near the Roof at all?

(My glass was; and water would run down the glass and pool up inside the Wiper Motor Box)

If water is leaking in from the wiper motor hole you should be able to just get a flat rubber washer from the hardware store, and fix the seal.. Removing the Wiper arm/motor is very easy. -there should be two flat metal washers with a rubber one in between -I think,...
Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pnbell
Though it appears to be leaking from the Rear Wiper Hole, it is possible that the leak is coming from further up.

Is the Glass Seperated from the Hatch Frame near the Roof at all?

(My glass was; and water would run down the glass and pool up inside the Wiper Motor Box)

If water is leaking in from the wiper motor hole you should be able to just get a flat rubber washer from the hardware store, and fix the seal.. Removing the Wiper arm/motor is very easy. -there should be two flat metal washers with a rubber one in between -I think,...
Yup, OP just needs to remove the cap over the nut that holds the arm on, remove the arm, remove the nut securing the cupped washer, replace the rubber washer under it, reinstall everything!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys. So if I am understanding it correctly, I can do it all from out side car . I wasnt looking forward to removing wiper assembly from underneath.

BTW its definately the base iof the wiper arm, as I can see where the water has run down the glass.

peace
cyberpunky
Old 02-14-2011, 09:43 AM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a little write up on how to do it (remove the wiper motor)... but I'l bet PNBELL is correct and its leaking from above....Bruce
Old 02-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the link. Just what I needed.

peace

Quick Reply: Leak at rear window wiper