Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N/As need love too...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 AM
blackwolf
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UPEEON 911
all the work done by me had her a long time
Gorgeous car. Care to elaborate on some of your work?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fintro11
ah you used to live in vancouver area ?
LMAO.. no, but from what I understand those who hated the 944 when it first came out have always beaten that drum.. and it is an old and sad tune..

SOME, used to have one, and still have a fondness for them, those are the fun ones to hang out with..

I think the nicest compliment I ever recieved on my 951 was at a local GTG, had a brand spankin new GT3 park next to me, the owner got out and stood there looking over both cars.. asked me if mine was as much fun as it looked like, and shook his head telling me he spent WAY too much money for his car... he was affraid to drive it...
Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
PeteL
Got Nothin'
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Link to my album:

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...ished-car.html

Had the car painted and interior restored, about a year ago.....Never mind the pic of the car on a wrecker....stuff happens.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Hollywood D
Burning Brakes

Took some pics yesterday after I washed it. I'm hoping to have it repainted before summer back to the original maroon color. That paint is a lot rougher than it looks in the pic.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Here's mine LOL. I'm going to attempt to get it out tomorrow, its in the 3rd bay so I might be able to move it to the middle. I'll get some pics after I wash it. Koni Sport adjustables, S2 Sway bars, Throttle cam and thats really about it. I try and keep the performance end of things in perspective, otherwise the money gets out of control. I just truly enjoy the handling and the ride. The throttle cam is probably the biggest bang for the buck, it tricks you into thinking the car is actually quicker.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Sasquatch
Instructor

My 87. 190,000 miles. Tons, and tons of mods.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 PM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Wow, Sasquatch, that is one good looking N/A. Do tell on the mods, I love the Cup II's on an N/A too, very nice looking wheel and they look period correct too, I think the twists look better on the Turbo's. Nice work.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:52 PM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pjstevens77
Wow, Sasquatch, that is one good looking N/A. Do tell on the mods, I love the Cup II's on an N/A too, very nice looking wheel and they look period correct too, I think the twists look better on the Turbo's. Nice work.
yes
Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Sasquatch
Instructor

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The car has adjustable Koni's all the way around with coil over kits and heavier springs. Lowered the whole car by about 2". Also installed monster sway bars (forget which ones) with adjustable drops. The C2 wheels round out the package. It constantly surprises me at how well this car can get through a set of corners.

A 944 S2 transaxle is installed with a custom short shift kit made with all bearings rather than bushings. Smooth, short, and precise shifts. This gives the car a much tighter set of gear ratios that did improve acceleration.

The engine core is stock, but I did add a FR Wilk chip, MSDS headers and a full 2.5 exhaust system and a Magnaflow muffler, no cat.

The car got a full respray about 5 years ago. The seats have been replaced as they wore, so they are near perfect. I have a new leather stitched dash to install next month which will take care of the few dash cracks that are there. Everything works from the power mirrors down to the sun roof. I am **** about caring for the car.

I almost had to kick myself as I actually tried to sell her a couple of years ago. Luckily, I had no nibbles locally.

She does get driven in anger at times though.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:11 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that may be my favorite OEM+ 944
Old 02-24-2011, 09:59 AM
pjstevens77
Instructor

Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
I think that may be my favorite OEM+ 944
Agreed. I"m half way there on mine. My interior needs a bit of work but one thing at a time. My paint is about a year old so at least she shines and I just finished painting the wheels. I have been drooling over the Cup II's from Wheel Enhancement. For those of you who may not not they carry a set for early offset cars that bolt on without spacers and the set of 4 are about $800 w/out tires. That is by far THE most affordable wheel solution for the 86 and below cars.

PeteL - I saw your album, the seats look great, what did you do there? And I noticed you are a naval officer, I did six years enlisted as a Fire Controlman based out of Norfolk. I miss those days at sea with all my buds. Go Navy!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Rudeboy42
Rennlist Member

WOW! that car is amazing. Great to see the action shot too. I like that it's not just a garage ornament and that you actually use it to its potential while taking great care of it.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Dont be jealous of my awesome phone antenna....original paint.

The rear looks damaged in this pic...it's just the lighting.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Euronavy
Instructor

Originally Posted by pjstevens77
Agreed. I"m half way there on mine. My interior needs a bit of work but one thing at a time. My paint is about a year old so at least she shines and I just finished painting the wheels. I have been drooling over the Cup II's from Wheel Enhancement. For those of you who may not not they carry a set for early offset cars that bolt on without spacers and the set of 4 are about $800 w/out tires. That is by far THE most affordable wheel solution for the 86 and below cars.

PeteL - I saw your album, the seats look great, what did you do there? And I noticed you are a naval officer, I did six years enlisted as a Fire Controlman based out of Norfolk. I miss those days at sea with all my buds. Go Navy!
i'm in the navy right now, i am a cryptology technition, it is some good times!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
IGROWL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackOp
Dont be jealous of my awesome phone antenna
You still have a analog phone in the car? I didn't know they still worked.

Originally Posted by BlackOp
The rear looks damaged in this pic...it's just the lighting.
I think it is because there is too much shine on that car.

Quick Reply: N/As need love too...