Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S2 owners near Glendale, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM
db944
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation S2 owners near Glendale, CA?

Any rennlisters that own an S2 near Glendale, CA? We have an opportunity to have a reasonably priced header system developed if we can find someone willing to lend their S2 (can be a parts car) to Marty at MSDS headers. The 8 valve crowd have enjoyed MSDS products for years. I have only found 2 S2 headers that work and neither are what I consider reasonably priced.

So, if you have an S2 that you can do without for several weeks, MSDS have agreed to fab up a header similar to the one that puts out an extra 8-12 HP for the 8 valve guys. If I wasn't on the opposite coast he would have my S2 in his shop right now. Anyone? Bueller?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM
doabarrelroll
Pro

I have S headers which are exactly the same IIRC. I'm in Pasadena, 6 miles from Glendale, and they are off the car.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Severian
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently purchased the MSDS headers for my 89 NA 944 from Martin that were ceramic coated after my Bursch headers cracked.

The car sounds bad-***, sets off car alarms all over, but I don't care.

I don't think you could go wrong here...
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by db944
So, if you have an S2 that you can do without for several weeks, MSDS have agreed to fab up a header similar to the one that puts out an extra 8-12 HP for the 8 valve guys. If I wasn't on the opposite coast he would have my S2 in his shop right now. Anyone? Bueller?
I would be interested in seeing a dyno chart for this.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:09 PM
db944
Rennlist Member

Bump: Right now, MSDS doesn't off a header for the S2. if I can find Marty a donor car, he will fab one up and offer them on his website. We just need someone to loan their S2 for a few weeks while he creates the header. Anyone nearby that can let go of their S2 for a few weeks?

Any rennlisters that own an S2 near Glendale, CA? We have an opportunity to have a reasonably priced header system developed if we can find someone willing to lend their S2 (can be a parts car) to Marty at MSDS headers. The 8 valve crowd have enjoyed MSDS products for years. I have only found 2 S2 headers that work and neither are what I consider reasonably priced.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 PM
db944
Rennlist Member

You have the MSDS headers for the S?? did you have to modify anything to make it fit?

Originally Posted by doabarrelroll
I have S headers which are exactly the same IIRC. I'm in Pasadena, 6 miles from Glendale, and they are off the car.

Quick Reply: S2 owners near Glendale, CA?