Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little TDC help DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003 | 12:12 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member

Napoleon
Veteran: Marine Corp

WOOOOHOOOOO I'm done.

Put her all back together, went to start her.

Vroooomblah dies.

Oh yeah that domn connector on the air flow sensor.

Plug it back in.

Starts, runs, but wants to die, unless I constantly give her gas. <scratch scratch> <Look look, see nothing> <Smoke cigarette and ponder> <Scratch scratch>

Oh yeah the hose that goes to the idle control valve, plug her in, vroooooooom puuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

She's wonderful!!!!!

Tried bleeding the cooling system, had about as much luck as any first timer, try to have Chris Help me out tomorow. Took her for a little spin on the way home.

I think the PO had the balance rollers out of position. Before there was a steady thudthudthudthud you could feel in the shifter. Gone now, can feel vibration but it's a steady buzz now. Much smoother than before.

Well got a big trip on Monday. We'll see how she does. Got some piccies I'll put up tomorow. One in particular Michelle will like.

I'm so proud of myself.

Edit. Can someone tell me where the outlet of the idle stabilizer valve should go? Mine has tube coming in to the inlet, but the outlet is bare. There is a white plastic thing that looks like a PCV valve with the top capped off. Is that it?
Old 05-31-2003 | 04:53 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Congrats, Sid, Chris! Like to see us all succeed in getting the timing and balance belts done right!

Btw - I splurged, and bought the Goodyear Gatorback belt for my alternator belt, and it's smoooth!

- Julie

Quick Reply: Need a little TDC help DONE!