Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 TB failure within first 20K after replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 PM
AKCJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you might want to consider all the belts that get changed that prevent a failure . . . .
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive done dozens of belt changes without any sort of tension tool- besides my hands- and never had a problem. I also make sure all belts get properly retensioned and that all hardware is in good shape and tight. Belt changes cost about $130 for the belt and rollers, and take about three hours usually. Most of the belt failures i have seen were either old rotted out belts or improper installation. Not sure where the $600 comes from in the belt replacement- i could change the belts wrong, crash the head, buy a rebuilt head and new belts again and reinstall for that price. Just saying.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

300 dollar pee-shooters from yesteryyy year with 3 thosand dollar maintenance shedules. too much fun for words.....do it ALL yourself and pray you don't eefff something up but when you do you can turn to hotrodding.... i'm driving a free engine now. paid a good guy here on the forums to do the job right. God bless you dude... runs perfect, no oil leaks or burning, needs nothing, all that stupid tensioner roller pads seals **** all been done so.... maybe do the belts every 45~50 k miles until something breaks.... if something does, no worries.... got the icbm in the bullpen (ebay) ready to fly.... ennn ennn of you astronauts like the previous poster zwelcome to install the new motor. (i'd rather just put in a few hours overtime and pay one of ya to do it)... and afterwards, just keep up with the brakes, suspension, cleaning, oel changes, spark plugs, etc, after it's all fuggin' done Mein Führer.... and to you brave souls who've gone even bigger than "LS1," all kidding aside, must be friggin' amazing. cranked down two sweet and i do mean late harvest sawweeeeet bottles of Spätlese (Reisling) tonight.... can you tell ?

Quick Reply: 944 TB failure within first 20K after replacement