Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man I have hit a road block with this one. 87 with no DME signal. UPDATE- no go

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM
tod84944
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used the LED"s on the DME harness. Not getting any signal from the speed sensor. Un-plugged at the harness, and had signal there. Used a jumper wire from sensor to DME plug and all worked well. I have a broken wire in the harness, so I will be changing out the harness.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Kerry Chadderton
Racer

Glad you found it man! Congrats!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:20 PM
tod84944
Drifting

Ok update time. Changed the harness out, and guess what, The exact same problem!!! I tested the harness before I put it in, by using ohm meter to make sure I didn't have any broken wires a crank position sensor plugs. Installed in car, same crapping thing!! I did notice however, the speed sensor led blinks when I quit cranking. Wanted to make sure it was not a fluke, so I plugged my NOID lite into the injector harness, and it also blinked when I quit cranking. I'm beggining to think I have a ground somewhere some how cancel the speed sensor signal when cranking. Any suggestions??
Old 12-24-2010, 07:14 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tod84944
Ok update time. Changed the harness out, and guess what, The exact same problem!!! I tested the harness before I put it in, by using ohm meter to make sure I didn't have any broken wires a crank position sensor plugs. Installed in car, same crapping thing!! I did notice however, the speed sensor led blinks when I quit cranking. Wanted to make sure it was not a fluke, so I plugged my NOID lite into the injector harness, and it also blinked when I quit cranking. I'm beggining to think I have a ground somewhere some how cancel the speed sensor signal when cranking. Any suggestions??
Run a wire from your starter up to the battery, and try to crank it with the switch in the run position, rather than the start position. You may also check to see if you are getting 5V to the various inputs on teh DME (see the link I provided earlier) with teh switch in teh start position. May be a funky ignition switch problem.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:25 PM
specsalot
Instructor

Sensor gaps rarely need adjustment, but the wiring at sensor connectors into the DME harness probably has issues. I can make my car stall on command wiggling wiring into these connectors. [I need to work on DME wiring this winter]. No fuel pressure - start looking for other wiring issues - you will need wiring diagrams to be systematic.

Quick Reply: Man I have hit a road block with this one. 87 with no DME signal. UPDATE- no go