Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

April 21st meet/autox at Englishtown, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 12:06 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post April 21st meet/autox at Englishtown, NJ

Dave mentioned a while ago to do a meetup at the first autox of the NNJR season...so here we go.

After the autocross maybe we can go get something to eat...I can ask my brother where we could go...he goes to school @ rutgers 10 mins away from there.

If you'll be there or are considering it, lemme know here or via email. Just like the first meetup, I want to make a list of all those coming and put it up online.

It IS hershey weekend...so I'm thinking there won't be all that many people there...which is good and band. Good - more runs. Bad - less people/cars.

<a href="http://vista.pca.org//nnj/Autox.html" target="_blank">http://vista.pca.org//nnj/Autox.html</a> for more info.
Registration starts at 8AM, first car off at 9:30.
So you wanna be there at like 7:30-8 I'm thinking? I haven't done a NNJR autox before, when do you guys think is a good time to show up?
Old 04-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by adrial:
<strong>Dave mentioned a while ago to do a meetup at the first autox of the NNJR season...so here we go.

After the autocross maybe we can go get something to eat...I can ask my brother where we could go...he goes to school @ rutgers 10 mins away from there.

If you'll be there or are considering it, lemme know here or via email. Just like the first meetup, I want to make a list of all those coming and put it up online.

It IS hershey weekend...so I'm thinking there won't be all that many people there...which is good and band. Good - more runs. Bad - less people/cars.

<a href="http://vista.pca.org//nnj/Autox.html" target="_blank">http://vista.pca.org//nnj/Autox.html</a> for more info.
Registration starts at 8AM, first car off at 9:30.
So you wanna be there at like 7:30-8 I'm thinking? I haven't done a NNJR autox before, when do you guys think is a good time to show up?</strong><hr></blockquote>
1) I can't take ALL the credit, Zoltan had the schedule.
2) Food is always good, but we all need to bring something to eat as it will be a long event and I don't know if there will be food on site. That said, more food after the event is good too!
3) Hershey weekend may reduce the turnout, but the typical NNJR event last year had a turnout of 110 to 130 cars (all with 7-8 timed runs)
4) The earlier the better, more course walking = less OC
Old 04-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Is it too late to move that to July 21st? I will be in Englishtown, with my 951, for the VW Waterfest event anyway. Man I want to DE my car!
Old 04-13-2002, 12:58 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

There's no need to move it Perry...July is a ways away. We can just do another one then.

July 31st, North East showing of Perry's 951 at Englishtown, NJ.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Dave
Race Car

Perry, If you plan to bring the 951 out in July, don't you think you should be working on it instead of reading this?
How long do you plan to be out here? The July autox is on the 14th.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
I at work... working very hard.

I am pretty sure it will be done by the end of May if the pistons come in. I won't be able to make the July AX since it is the weekend before I head out.. already making big plans for that weekend.

We should get to NJ sometime Friday morning, July 19, and heading home Monday the 22nd. If enough of you are intrested, I could plan a GTG and bar-b-q at my folks pad Saturday the 20th. There will be 6 or 7 of us there to begin, but more is better. Home is in Flemington, just outside Clinton. E-mail or post if you are interested.
Old 04-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Dave
Race Car

*bump* There's gotta be more of us!
Old 04-14-2002, 03:56 PM
THE Mike D.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

This year at Hershey they are doing an Auto-X in the parking lot of Hershey Park on Sunday. FYI...

Mike D.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:54 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Dave, Adrial, others:
I certainly will be there! I got in late last night from Pocono: attended two back-to-back DE events (Lime Rock the week before, and Pocono yesterday and Saturday.) So I've not been able to post as much!

Hopefully, I can apply a little of what I've learned at the track next weekend! (Like how to combat this wretched understeer! hehe!)

See ya Sunday!
-Z.
Gallery updated 4-10-02:
<a href="http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Z-man" target="_blank"> </a>

Quick Reply: April 21st meet/autox at Englishtown, NJ