Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which do you think looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 07:36 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at your pictures, it looks VERY nice, that is the look im goin for on my car.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:02 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

"Man that Blue 951 is SAWEEEEEEEEEEET!"

Anyone have a color-code for that blue color?
Old 10-27-2002, 11:46 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danno,
It is maritime blue the code is: LM5A
I've never seen it here in the US, but have seen it on an S2 and a 951 Cabriolet in Germany. Looks VERY nice imo!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:09 AM
The Al Show
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elon, maybe I need to upgrade my PC. A and B look the same to me. And it's not just the lights. It looks like the same picture. The camera and the car are in the same spot. Did you use a tripod? Anyway I like the all red tail lights better. Could you take some pictures in the sunlight so it doesn't black out the tail lights? What did you use for paint? I used Testors candy apple red in the spray can. It's made for models and is meant to be sprayed over silver or gold paint. Wet sanding the plastic with 600 grit paper helps prevent peeling.

AL
Old 10-28-2002, 09:30 AM
jim968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think anybody ever answered this... yes, the 968 has all-red lenses, but the turn signal blinks yellow, and the backing lights are white...

Guys, I don't really care what you do, but for pete's sake, don't be dumb enough to reduce the output of any of your lights. I've seen ricers around here with brake lights that could barely be seen, even at night... imagine that on a foggy day in fast traffic. Now imagaine yourself in front of the judge trying to explain why you thought taillights and brake lights were "appearance optional" items, and that your knowledge of automotive lighting was better than the factory engineers.

Jim, "Cowboy wisdom: Never squat with your spurs on!"
Old 10-28-2002, 09:51 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by jim968:
<strong>I don't think anybody ever answered this... yes, the 968 has all-red lenses, but the turn signal blinks yellow, and the backing lights are white...

Guys, I don't really care what you do, but for pete's sake, don't be dumb enough to reduce the output of any of your lights. Jim, "Cowboy wisdom: Never squat with your spurs on!"</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is a good point, and one I wanted to inquire with you guys about...

What is the max wattage we can go on our tail lights? All this talk of Icesharks (albeit good talk) headlights... what about people being able to see us? I've always thought the tail lights in the 944 (painted or unpainted) were lacking (greatly).

Is it possible to get some big BRITE LED's and hook them up back there? Or, if not, and we had to go with a higher wattage normal bulb, what would you have to do to the wiring to make it safe?

Also, re: backup lights...

I shot mine red, and am planning on picking up a set of backup lights from some other car make (I'm constantly on the lookout for good looking backup lights) and fit them to the right and left, vertically thin, of the license plate. Then of course run the wire to it and wire in the old backup lights to come on as brake lights. More light for those who like to rear end 944's.

-Matt

Quick Reply: Which do you think looks better?