Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: The coolest picture in existance

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009 | 11:03 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

What's with the revival of old threads lately?

Oh, and........Hunter's Safety classes were part of the curriculum at the knockoff Boy Scout group I went to as a child. At The Brigade we would meet in a large auditorium to watch the Department of Natural Resources film about Hunter Safety each week, then we'd play some floor hockey before branching off into small groups to talk about the informative film we'd watched. There was a group of reoccurring cast member in the DNR Hunter Safety films that would always behave in unsafe ways, and we were always tasked with pointing out all their mistakes during our small group meeting. They did things like shot each other and tied dead deer to the hoods of their cars before taking victory laps through town. The things I remember most about them were their bumper stickers. In the deer hunting safety video they had one that said, "If It's Brown, It's Down," and in the duck hunting video their bumper sticker said, "If It Flies, It Dies." The flying and dying part is clear enough, and I know that they have to stick to a simple rhyming scheme, but 'brown' is a color that occurs quite often in nature. If you don't know the person in the context of deer hunting, you'd have to assume they hate trees, dead grass, and are kind of insane.

Quick Reply: OT: The coolest picture in existance