Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need hairstylist & make-up for OTC !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 06:44 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post I need hairstylist & make-up for OTC !!!

Got this message from one of the head-honchos. Now in addition to a co-driver, tire-trailer and support van, I'm going to need a hair-stylist and make-up artist too! No helmet hair on TV allowed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OTC Team Captains -

If you've talked to me or visited the website in the last two days, you probably know we have an additional 10 million+ eyeballs on us now through our TV/Video deal with the ABC affiliate in Lake Tahoe. Let me take a few minutes to explain how that affects each of you.

Mike Conway of KMTN will be on site each day to film the OTC Video. This video will be a documentary about OTC as experienced by all the teams and staff. He's outlined an operating format in that he'll try to meet with each team on film. This gives you a great opportunity to treat your sponsors right and have a good time with your newfound popularity. The video will be for sale to the general public for $25.00.

I have promised and established for Mike full access to OTC. He's going to have a ton of broadcast quality equipment on and off the track. If he asks you for your time, please accomodate him if you are reasonably able to do so. Nobody wants to infringe on your competitiveness so don't feel bad about telling him you are busy. He'll have the track schedule for each day and have a pretty good idea when you'll be light on stress.

This footage will be shot, edited, and produced daily to be uplinked to the networks. It'll be broadcast on a variety of different news, lifestyle, and motorsports shows throughout the summer. We have uplink capability to ESPN and Speed Channel directly and will be submitting production content every afternoon. If it is a slow news day, you might be surprised where your face ends up!

This agreement along with exposure from most of the top automotive magazines lays an impressive media framework for this event and future OTC events. I hope it makes it a little easier to recapture the costs of running an event like ours or to round up some last minute support for this year's event.

Please contact me at this email or the number below if you have any questions. Thanks and see you all in a couple weeks!

Brian M. Provost

Director, Open Track Challenge

<a href="http://www.opentrackchallenge.com" target="_blank">http://www.opentrackchallenge.com</a>

Old 04-29-2002, 07:11 PM
Water944t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet.

I would kill/steal/harm small cute furry things to be able to go to this entire event.

I will gladly do your hair Danno. No "fluffing" though.

Good luck, kick some ***! Bring home the glory for all of us Waterboys!
Old 04-29-2002, 07:25 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Need your own publicity agent/handler? Pay my way down, and it's free!
Old 04-29-2002, 07:58 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danno, can you get me a tape of the coverage?

We don't have any fun on the right coast...

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2002, 10:11 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can get my girlfriend to sew you up a RacerX outfit, including the face mask. Then you wont need to get a haircut and it will ensure you plenty of airtime!!!!

I don't know what your traveling schedule is going to be, but if you guys need a place to crash in SF I have a couple of spare rooms available. Danno, you can sleep in my garage, since you seem to be so familiar with it you will feel right at home.

Will you be camping at the tracks or staying in posh hotels along the way?
Old 05-01-2002, 03:26 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Danno, can you get me a tape of the coverage?"

Sure, I can get you a copy of whatever I develope. I'm sure everyone there will have their own video-cameras, so hopefully, I can get a couple of other's as well.

Anyway, Mike Conway, the K-MTN TV guy posted this message on the <a href="http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000154.html" target="_blank">OTC web-board</a>:

[quote]Hi my name is Mike Conway from K-MTN Television South Lake Tahoe Ca. We will be producing this years video. In the past few years we have done Roger Ward's Pony Express 100, and Fun Times at Bowling Green 1 & 2. I track a 2002 ZO6, a 94 ZR1 and a 91 Testarossa, all yellow. I have spent track time at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, a host of Autocross and the Sacramento Drag Strip. We will be using DVC-Pro Digital Broadcast equipment and in & on car digital cameras for the video. I will be on site from May 11th-18th and will be at all tracks. We will be airing hi-lights on ABC Reno, ABC Sacramento, PAX Los Angeles, PAX San Francisco, Direct TV and the Dish Network. Put your Logo coveralls on!!! If you would like a VHS copy of the video they can be ordered at 1-800-874-7488 9-5 Pacific time. We take VISA/MC/AMX cards the cost is $25.00 plus tax and $2.75 S&H. The tape will be over an hour long. I look forward to taping all of you with your toys. "Life's Short...Drive Hard"<hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000154.html" target="_blank">http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000154.html</a>

Quick Reply: I need hairstylist & make-up for OTC !!!