Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Website Change

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 12:11 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Website Change

I posted this before, but it probably went right to the bottom of the page. Our website has changed.

<a href="http://www.andersonmotorworksinc.com" target="_blank">http://www.andersonmotorworksinc.com</a>

I'm getting emails from some of you folkes saying our site is always down...Its not, just a new address.

By the way, we are rapidly addig new things to the site. It went very stale for a few months while it was being hosted by "Intelliserve" (now out of business).

THanks!
Old 05-14-2003, 12:15 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
John...

Why don't you have the old website address point to your new IP??? No doubt you are losing potential customers who may not see this post!! If you still own the old domain, that is not at all hard to do. Your registrar should be able to do this no problem, and if they can't, I might be able to help you.

BTW, why did you change your domain name, just to add the "inc"? Just curious.

Take care,
Matt
Old 05-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Intelliserve may have owned his domain name and rented it to him by the month. I can't stand the scaming web services that do that to people. When you want to leave and have your site hosted somewhere else they offer to sell your domain name to you. Never happened to me but I know a few who it has. They wanted $500 to hand over the rights to HIS OWN domain name. All that because he paid them to register it and didnt just do it himself and direct it to there servers.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:50 PM
phil951
Intermediate

That's the crap I hate too!! When I tell folks I'll register domains for them for $15, they think I'm scamming them. I hate those web hosting "companies" that do that crap. IF ANYONE wants a domain, I'll get it for you for $15 and it is yours. Don't mean to spam, just hate to see this happen to folks.

I think someone should take those companies to court.

$15, you own the domain name. Any other way is just not smart, and people take advantage of the lack of knowledge of others... just sick.

Sorry 'bout that John!

-Matt
Old 05-14-2003, 05:10 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

To be honest, I don't know what the deal is with intelliserve. I do know they went out of business and sold the accounts to another company. Neither company informed us. We kept (Mideast Mafia and I) trying to call intelliserve to only find out after a couple months they shifted our account to this new company, who...never got in touch with us and let the domain expire. I had our new web designer contact them about the domain name and they said it was registered under the owner of the now defunct intelliserve company. So, we called that guy, and he kind blew us off...I know he was feeling us out, to see what kind of urgency was there to command a good price to buy the name from him. Screw him, we just got another domain.

Thats the short story.

Thanks for the help Matt. I apprciate it, but its water under the bridge.

Take Care!
Old 05-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
haha, all this domain name stuff and I almost forgot. Run a whois on <a href="http://www.rennbay.com" target="_blank">www.rennbay.com</a> .
I forgot I set it up like that. Good thing I have my login name and password to re-up it with discount domain registry.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:22 PM
phil951
Intermediate

Yeah -- BTW, that was me (Matt Olde) posting on Phil's computer!

John, a WHOIS lookup shows the domain "andersonmotorworks.com" it expired in April. If he renewed it, it would have showed up. Just sit tight...

Best bet is that the guy doesn't renew it. I will double check every few days to see if it's completely lapsed from non-payment, and ****** it up for you (in your name) if you want! I'll just use your contact info from andersonmotorworksinc.com.

-Matt Olde (on Phil's computer)
Old 05-14-2003, 11:37 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

That would be awsome, then I could at least make the old site link to the new site...correct?
Old 05-15-2003, 07:30 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Correct; you could point it to your new site.

- Julie
Old 05-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
John, that's right. I can use my nameservers then just point the domain to your new IP address. Just like I have "www.p-carlinks.com" pointing to the same IP as P-CarOnline but the "linker" directory.

Same principle.

Anyway, I'll keep checking and let you know of any changes.

Take care,
Matt

Quick Reply: Website Change