Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have Blaupunkt with Rotary Control?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Anyone Have Blaupunkt with Rotary Control?

About two years ago I installed a Blaupunkt Honolulu in my 944. I have been very happy with it, but recently I have had problems with the rotary volume control. Turning the thing clockwise is supposed to increase the volume. However, turning the thing clockwise will now randomly either decrease or increase the volume. Fortunately, the probability of increasing volume is greater than the probability of decreasing volume, so enough turns will eventually get the volume increased to where I want it; but it is annoying!

Blaupunkt wants $90 for a new faceplate. I'm concerned about spending that much $$$ for a new faceplate when I paid only $160 for the entire unit. For another $160 I could get a new and better CD/receiver. I am also concerned that my problem may result from a design flaw with the rotary control.

Does anybody out there have a Blaupunkt with a rotary control. Had any problems?

Mark
Old 10-05-2002, 01:58 PM
user 8430
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the exact unit with the EXACT same problem, and mine is only a couple months old. I am happy with the styling and functions of this unit, but not happy with many small problems, like the volume control, also many times the display screws up, and the display blanks out and pressing any buttns don't work until you restart it with the ignition.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:26 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to have an Aiwa bookshelf system in my room, and it had the same problems. Turning the dial up would increase and decrease it, so you just had to turn it about 5 times the normal amount to get it up. Trying to turn it down, though, was major pain. Someone would be calling my name, so I'd spin the dial to turn it down, and it'd crank it up to almost full volume! I just had to make sure I had my remote near by...
Old 10-06-2002, 07:53 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Hmmmmm, interesting.

I wonder if there is anything we can do to persuade Blaupunkt that this is a problem with their design/manufacturing, and they should give us a break on replacing the bad parts?

Quick Reply: Anyone Have Blaupunkt with Rotary Control?