Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those goofball "Porsche" taillight center lense panels

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 03:05 PM
Lemon Yellow 87 n/a
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty impartial toward the tailight lenses. The PO installed the one that says "PORSCHE" on it. I hated the illuminated look so I disconnected the wires and its just a plain panel now. Also, While I dont exactly adore the panel I think it does help distinguish the rear from our Volkswagen cousins. Next time you're out on the street, look at all the Volkswagens from the 80s up to the mid nineties. See any similarities between the stock tailights and the VWs? Thought so. The only pretty rear is the 968.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:46 PM
exc911ence
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Z-man:
<strong>
Alright already: WE ALL KNOW your opinion on the rear lens. Now: please stop bashing it!
Chill out.
-Zoltan.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Perhaps you didn't notice the and the which were supposed to give my posting a "tongue in cheek" attitude. I think it's you that needs to chill out.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:35 PM
mideastmafia
Three Wheelin'

i'm still making these custom panels for $50 if anyone is interested. color matched to your car.

SHAUN
Old 10-24-2002, 12:03 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had one on my first "waterpumper", an '87 924S in guards red and I liked it. I think they look rather garish on any other color but red. It integrates well on red cars.

I think thats why Shaun's plate looks good (to some of us) is that it's the same as the body color. Now if you painted it red instead and put "Turbo" on it, well . . .?

Really, everybody has their take on customizing no-no's. I think some of the lowrider cars or asian customs are in real bad taste but I applaud the energy and creativity to make something unique in an art form close to one's heart.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:00 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by exc911ence:
<strong>Perhaps you didn't notice the and the which were supposed to give my posting a "tongue in cheek" attitude. I think it's you that needs to chill out. </strong><hr></blockquote>
Yea, I guess I didn't notice the smilies, I just noticed the phrases like "...personal taste, regarless of how BAD it might be..." and "hideous POS between the tailights..."
But, whatever.

Shaun: nice job on the custom panel, BTW. I've seen pics of your panel before, but not up close.

-Z.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:43 PM
944 Hooligan
Racer

settle down porsche fans,

it seems as though everyone is getting a little touchy about this post regarding other owners' personal tastes. to each his own.

if everyone is worried about the low visibilty of the stock rear end/light combo, why not add the kit from performance products that adds a bulb to each dead spot in the rear lights of the stock 944? no holes in the body and no one gets offended.
Old 10-24-2002, 12:52 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Do you really need a kit? Was looking at it the other day and it looked like a couple of bulbs (the bayonet lugs are already there) and some pieces of wired would make it pretty easy.

What I want to do is make the side marker lights blink with the directionals, wether they are on or off. Havent figured the easiest way to do that yet.

Quick Reply: Those goofball "Porsche" taillight center lense panels