Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of a Busch Header

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 05:05 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry, can't help with locating a header - yet.

I don't have the pics available right now, but here's something I wrote about my setup earlier:

[quote]IMHO, the Borla is worth the money... with the SS design and the warranty you get, nothing's better (referring specifically to Borla XR-1 Sportsman Oval... though all their mufflers seem to do well). They also use stainless steel roving material instead of fiberglass. However, I took the cheaper route and went with Dynomax UltraFlo mufflers. Basically, my system is a Bursch header, then custom 2.5" pipe with two mufflers (or one and one cat... the center portion is removable). I used an UltraFlo bullet in front and an offset UltraFlo oval in the rear. The cat-pipe uses a new Catco cat. The header back fabrication was ~$300 plus the cost of the two mufflers and cat. Sounds okay... but a bit high pitched with the cat on. Too loud for the street with the cat off. Very noticable increase in performance. The Dynomax UltraFlo and the Borla XR-1 mufflers are both the same design... straight thru perforated pipe with roving sound reduction material. Both of these series are considered "race" though, and may not be what you want on a street car (these are averaging more than double the flow than their baffled street version competition). What's interesting to me is the single Borla on a similar car (same header, no mid muffler) is quieter than my two muffler Dynomax... presumably because of the roving material difference. They sound nearly the same at high revs.<hr></blockquote>

Skip

Quick Reply: Picture of a Busch Header