Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parting out a 1993 968

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 12:17 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are both in fine and working condition.

Originally Posted by rgs944
How is the drivers side tail light and passenger side fog light?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Spencer. while you surely have my blessing, i think you'd discover a whole 968 for about 9~10 K a far better venture.

or maybe a distressed seller will come along with a car that is tight for maybe $8.5 k.

we heard about the guy with like 270 k miles on his "68" who said his car can barely make it up a hill... i guess, but not having an easy time with that... mine has 125 k and showing no signs... i see these as 300 k mile engines, easy. so, i believe a 100 k engine is about 1/3 through it's real service life. i guess that's why you go to a true manual rack on these cars, as i learned from you all. and re-discovering how the ps systems are first class garbage.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much for:
-Door handles
-Aero mirrors
-red emergency/warning switch
-ALL of the plastic bits, switches and all along the dashboard (pretty much the ENTIRE black trim along the dash from the left side of the steering wheel all the way to the long piece between the airbag and glovebox)
-steering column wiper switch/turn signal assembly with plastic bits and all
-ALL of the black trim within the center console
-Most importantly, how much for both rear quarter windows with the rubber gasket? I need both driver and passenger side!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:38 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina
i guess that's why you go to a true manual rack on these cars, as i learned from you all. the ps systems are first class garbage.
has it been replaced before? if not quit whining.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:43 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Hi,
The door handles, plus any other parts included for a 944 conversion (seals, locks, ...) are $200.

Originally Posted by J Berk
How much for the door handles ?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:43 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

yes Sam, at about 63 K and now, maybe getting to the end of rack and ps pump # 2.

no failures looming but wikileaks from rack, hose AND pump.

i'm trying to find a stretchable aluminum foil to cover the new lca and sway bar bushings !!

and 2lb fire extinguisher.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:55 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Spencer,
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately selling the car complete, even to someone who is willing to fully restore the car, is not likely an option due to all the damage. That was the opportunity which was offered by the previous owner both on Ebay as well as Craigslist. Not only did I pay his asking price, but I drove 12 hours to pick it up, and will spend a lot of time on the part out process. This car was pretty widely discussed on Rennlist, so if it was really a viable restore candidate, I would have expected that someone here would have bought it before I did.

Best Regards,
Gary

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
how much for the whole car if kept complete..
Old 10-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

Location: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EspritS4s
Spencer,
Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately selling the car complete, even to someone who is willing to fully restore the car, is not likely an option due to all the damage. That was the opportunity which was offered by the previous owner both on Ebay as well as Craigslist. Not only did I pay his asking price, but I drove 12 hours to pick it up, and will spend a lot of time on the part out process. This car was pretty widely discussed on Rennlist, so if it was really a viable restore candidate, I would have expected that someone here would have bought it before I did.

Best Regards,
Gary
I doubt he would restore it. I doubt most of us would. If it were me, I'd pick off all of the good parts and install them on my car.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:10 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Hi,
The mirrors are not for sale. I have not priced the rear spoiler yet. The door handles are $200 obo and include all required hardware for a 944 conversion. The clock and cubby are $40 obo. I am including pics of the clock/cubby. Please note that the cubby is not in perfect condition and has some marks on the top edge.

Originally Posted by Richgreenster
How much for the clock/cubby just below the radio, mirrors, door handles, and rear spoiler/wing?

Last edited by EspritS4s; 10-25-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:13 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Hi,
The door panels are heavily damaged from sun exposure. I do not think that they are really usable. I will post pictures in case someone is interested in them for parts. the lower leather covers and grills are in good condition, the same is true of the speaker boxes.

Originally Posted by xsboost90
how much for the door panels?
Old 10-17-2010, 01:19 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

Hi,
The mirrors are not for sale. The door handles and associated hardware are $200. The center console black trim is broken, and not for sale. I'll have to get back to you on the steering console switch. The rear quarter windows are available, but were pretty far down on my list of parts to get to. Feel free to wait for me to get to that point, at which time I will post a price. If you need them immediately, then please pm me.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Marcquito
How much for:
-Door handles
-Aero mirrors
-red emergency/warning switch
-ALL of the plastic bits, switches and all along the dashboard (pretty much the ENTIRE black trim along the dash from the left side of the steering wheel all the way to the long piece between the airbag and glovebox)
-steering column wiper switch/turn signal assembly with plastic bits and all
-ALL of the black trim within the center console
-Most importantly, how much for both rear quarter windows with the rubber gasket? I need both driver and passenger side!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:24 AM
EspritS4s
Rennlist Member

I know that I am new here. However, based on what I've seen, I would have to agree with odurandina's recommendation. I've seen 968 coupes advertised for as low as $7000. If you are looking to get into one for cheap, buy a high mileage example and then upgrade it when you have the resources. This is the world that us 928 guys have been living in for quite a while.

Originally Posted by odurandina
Spencer. while you surely have my blessing, i think you'd discover a whole 968 for about 9~10 K a far better venture.

or maybe a distressed seller will come along with a car that is tight for maybe $8.5 k.

we heard about the guy with like 270 k miles on his "68" who said his car can barely make it up a hill... i guess, but not having an easy time with that... mine has 125 k and showing no signs... i see these as 300 k mile engines, easy. so, i believe a 100 k engine is about 1/3 through it's real service life. i guess that's why you go to a true manual rack on these cars, as i learned from you all. and re-discovering how the ps systems are first class garbage.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:43 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 515 Posts

Spencer,

Best Regards,
Gary
Understood.

Seems like a perfect excuse to me to make a wide-body 968...I should focus on my own wreck first I suppose...
Old 10-17-2010, 01:47 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Hi,
The door panels are heavily damaged from sun exposure. I do not think that they are really usable. I will post pictures in case someone is interested in them for parts. the lower leather covers and grills are in good condition, the same is true of the speaker boxes.

they can be used as templates or simply converted to leather. win.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Would you be willing to part with the tachometer separately?

Quick Reply: Parting out a 1993 968