Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for new owner ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dos anyone happen to know what size hose(s) should be used to rebuild the fuel pump-to-filter and filter-to-hard line?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Kerry Chadderton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys, I got it running on Sunday! It was the DME this last time around. I think I did something during the sensor replacement to fry it. I think it was "boosting" the battery charger while cranking. Clark" Garage mentions this situation too. All in all a moderately expensive and very time consuming learning experience indeed.

But I can't stop. I want more.

It's running as one would expect for the time sitting. A tad rough, but she is solid and strong mechanically. I am now getting ready for the timing belt replacement and the throwout bearing is raising hell, so it's time to plan the clutch replacement.

How do you all feel about the clutch kits that do away with rubber center disc and return it to the more traditional disc?

What is the concesus on the aliminum or otherwise lightweight flywheels?

This WILL be a street legal track car rather than any kind of transportation. I plan to Autocross and do CarGuys events this next year, so I will be hard on it. I'm going to concentrate on weight and suspension rather than horsepower, so I don't think I need a massive pressure plate. Or do I ??????
Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 PM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great news Kerry!!

A suggestion would be to start a new thread. Other members have their favorite repairs and preferences on clutches, flywheels and suspensions.

But to get you started.....
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...expensive.html

Rubber center clutch discs are NLA (well maybe you can find one on eBay)

Great news again on the DME!

John

Quick Reply: Advice for new owner ???