Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[info] Fuel Pressure Gauge Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post [info] Fuel Pressure Gauge Installation

Just completed the Tech-Session article for the installation of a mini-VDO Fuel Pressure Gauge [rail mounted]:

<a href="http://www.tech-session.com/Paragon/Tech/944_fpgauge.htm" target="_blank"></a>

[click the image to be taken there]

Good Luck!
Old 03-15-2002, 04:51 PM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip,

I see you are using A type of plummers tape Teflon. I hope this will withstand being exposed to the fuel and have you had any trouble with it leaking?
Old 03-15-2002, 05:21 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nope, should I worry? Been using the same roll of tape for ~5 years on various fuel systems (and plumbing ). You must start with nice dry surfaces or it doesn't work so well. I've tried to find something more suitable locally, in vain. What do you recommend?

Skip
Old 03-15-2002, 07:25 PM
rokke17
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experinces working with teflon tape at a propane company, if you dont do a very careful job applying the tape, pieces can come off and work their way into the system. I would recommend that you look into the liquid version of the teflon thread sealer. Just my thoughts on the subject. We use both the liquid and the tape and the only reason we dont go over to the liquid exclusively is cost related.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the info. I'm concerned about the actual material and any cause for alarm by using this in a fuel system. I am always careful not to leave dangling bits and never cover the very ends of the threads... and always get a dry application. I have heard stories of injectors getting clogged with teflon, but that can be avoided with proper application. The few references I have found from fuel rail manufacturers say to use Teflon tape, liquid, or medium loctite... but to keep it off the first thread or two (due to the cutting action when installing the nut). When looking at liquid Teflon laced products, I do see a distinction for fuels like gasoline or kerosene... but no such thing for the tape. I have seen a few references for it not to be used in Diesel systems.

Skip

Quick Reply: [info] Fuel Pressure Gauge Installation