Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decal/emblem installation advice needed....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 10:29 AM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post decal/emblem installation advice needed....

Hey guys - I'll be putting the
=== P O R S C H E === and turbo emblems on my one-month old paintjob tomorrow, and I've never done this before, so I want advice from those who have!

TIA.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:40 AM
Jason-85944
Pro

Just did the Porsche and 924s on my car. It is extremly important that you install on as clean of a surface as possible. No wax! Was the surface with Dawn dish detergent and rinse thuroughly. Use a tack rag to get any dust that may have collected on the surface.

I found the easiest way to install the Porsche decal as to first find the center of the surface to be installed on and second the center of the "S" on the decal. Match these 2 spots together and install the decal from the center outward.

It is very important to make certain that the surface is very clean!

Once the decal is installed it may have air bubbles that you will need to work toward the edge with your fingers. Once the decal has been installed, let the sun beat down on it for a few hours and it will look as good as new!

Jason
Old 10-03-2002, 12:58 AM
mideastmafia
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no no no..

get a spray bottle and SATURATE the area u wana put the PORSCHE sticker.. i mean SATURATE so there is no dry spots and also spray the back of the sticker with water.

clean ur hands before and get them soaking wet, then pick the sticker up by the EDGES and place it on the soaked surface.

now the sticker is moveable and can easily changed and moved around while the back is wet..

then when u got it where u want it, take a straight edge such as a credit card or a small squeegee and push all the water out from underneath it..

make sure u get ALL the water out so that there is NONE left or else it will bubble up..

if there are bubbles, poke them with a razor blade and squeeze them out..

WHALLA!

i personally think the back looks A LOT cleaner with out this sticker, i dont know why u would want to put it on, but to each his own...

take care,
SHAUN
Old 10-03-2002, 04:05 AM
keith
Drifting

ok, so what is a tack rag?

- and any thoughts on determining proper placement of the turbo emblem? (height, etc.)
Old 10-03-2002, 04:55 AM
trebor_quitman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using a clay bar would make sure that you have nothing on/in your paint that might effect decal.

Quick Reply: decal/emblem installation advice needed....