Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Header Recall??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 03:07 PM
Glen Glen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow B&B Header Recall??

Last Month I started to replace a bad rigged up exhaust system. I started by buying B&B Headers from Performace Products and a new Cat from a local foreign parts dealer. First I put the headers on and then a couple days later when I got the Cat I realized that the bolt pattern on the flang did not match up. So I called PP, told them the problem and they said "they were not suprized that the part did not match up and there Cat would", I went ahead and ordered it from PP 2nd airfair. A week later (thanks UPS) I got the part and the same problem again. Gave them a call, told them the problem and they said they were going to get the part to see for themselves. Anyway guy comes back on the phone and says "Yeah we got a problem here. The bolt patterns are wrong on all the headers". Now I got to wait to see what happens before I can go any farther.

In the mean time I get to start college in Pittsburgh rockin out a 1988 Dodge Grand Caravan, with wood panels and chromed out wire hup caps.

Just wanted to see if anyone heard about this or had the same problem.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
[quote] In the mean time I get to start college in Pittsburgh rockin out a 1988 Dodge Grand Caravan, with wood panels and chromed out wire hup caps. <hr></blockquote>

How about going to a high level buisness meeting in a 1986 Buick Century? Yea, the dirt holds it together, and it has 3 hubcaps, but it goes from A to B just fine. Makes it sweeter when the Porsche gets back on the road. On a higher note... you have a van, and that can carry lots of people, so you will be the road trip man!

You call B&B about the flange problem?
Old 10-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why not just fix it - have the correct flange welded on to one or the other - should be no more than $25 at a muffler shop. You can work out who's responsible for what after it's back on the road (might want to give PP a heads up that you are doing this)

Skip
Old 10-17-2002, 03:44 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Got you all beat as far as beaters.

1980 Plymouth Duster. Oxidized Marroon as the base color. rust highlights, and the rear quarter up to the roof in Primer. Dents on EVERY panel. Drivers window has a link proken so tilts about 20 degrees and won't seal right (friend said it was the only car he'd seen where wind noise was reduced by opening the window)

/6 with with 190,000 miles and the original tranny fluid.

Runs like a champ though.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Glen Glen
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Perry 951:
<strong>

On a higher note... you have a van, and that can carry lots of people, so you will be the road trip man!

You call B&B about the flange problem?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually I took all the seats out of the van and if I dare to take the van out in 70 degree weather or warmer, it will lose power and sometimes cut off at low RPM. As far as B&B, I did call them about the flange problem. They did not know what to do. I think they didn't belive me or that I was the one doing some thing wrong, but Performace Products are going to handle that problem now.

Quick Reply: B&B Header Recall??